“Very inexpensive tickets and good service”
Review of PAWA Dominicana

Reviewed 13 January 2018

This was a round trip and the price paid was great for the service, they have full meal on their flights, on free check baggage and one carry on, and most important they were on time both ways.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 7 January 2018

My flight was on Dec 21 at 6:30 pm, but they called me the day before to inform my flight was re-escheduled to leave at 12:00 am, and I needed to be at the airport at 9:00 pm, which I did just to find out the counter was closed and no one was there, I waited until someone at Pawa office showed up and said to me and some others that arrived later, that the flight was not leaving that night and we were going to fly next day first flight in the morning and they sent me back to city in a taxi who was picking me up next day to take me to the airport. They said they tried to reached me, and could not reach me, which is not true as I had no missed calls to return, besides they reached me the day before without any problem... my guess is they never called. No meal or hotel was provided after this nightmare, also I found out that the flight which I was supposed to take at 6:30 pm, has landed in Miami as expected, so they had chosen me randomly after overbooking the flight to take me out of it. This is unacceptable. And to make the things worse, on my flight back this morning at 5:15, they had an add on their web page informing that no 2nd baggage is allowed, so I had to leave half of the things I bought here to be sent by cargo, to make sure the info was accurate, I called Pawa and they said the same that is on their web. And guess what, when I get to check in this morning, they took my carry on because it was overweighed, and the girl at the counter said that info at the web was not correct, that this restriction was no longer in place, how convenient, as I had to bill my carry on and paid 50 USD as a fee, besides the US$100.00 to send my second suitcase via cargo. The information you get on the web and on the telephone was one, and when I get to the airport it was another one, now, instead off spending 50 US for a second baggage, I had to spend 150.00, this is not acceptable. I hope not use this airline any longer.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 2 January 2018

We booked a 2-leg flight from Havana to St Maarten in June 2017 through lastminute.com. Then Hurricane Irma hit the Caribbean but we decided we would still make the trip if our accommodation was OK. In October, PAWA then decided it would cancel the 2nd leg of our flight (from the Dominican Republic to St Maarten) so we asked for a refund. We have spent the past two months chasing the refund through lastminute.com, to no avail. So, my advice is do not use lastminute.com to book flights and do not book anything with PAWA. We have lost 500 euros deposit on our accommodation in St Martin and over £428 paid for this flight.

3  Thank SteveRiley
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

AVOID AVOID AVOID
We had confirmed with our travel agent that all flights were okay. Imagine our surprise when we arrived at the airport in Antigua in December 15 to catch our flight to only be told that the flight had been changed to December 14!!
We called Pan Am World and they told us that they had tried to contact us and our travel agent - we spoke to our agent who received no such call.
Luckily we were able to contact after hours emergency through our agent and booked a flight and were able to make our connection on st Maarten to Saba.
Warning: do not buy your tickets directly from this airline and ALWAYS have cancellation insurance!!!
Our travel agent has been working for the past 2 weeks to get our refund
AVOID AVOID AVOID

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Last summer, my wife and I booked flight from Aruba to St. Martin in February 2018. About 2 months before the flight I went to website to get information about the flight, but PAWA website could "Not find my booking". I called. After a long time, I was given new booking number. Then I was told that PAWA had canceled my flight as they do not fly to St. Martin anymore. I WAS NEVER NOTIFIED??!? I was told I would get a refund in 2 to 5 business days if I send an email requesting it. I did. A couple of weeks later, I emailed again as I had heard NOTHING. Several days later, I called again. Again told that I would receive refund. Put on hold so rep could ask how long it would be for me to expect refund and he came back saying I would only receive a partial refund. WHAT! Said I would get an email, which I actually did. It said that I would get a refund of the taxes only. If i wanted to "keep the ticket open" I could apply it, AFTER DEDUCTING THE CANCELLATION PENALTY, to another flight. WHAT??!! Now, afterSEVERAL MORE DAYS, I calledd again. They again saya they will email me.
THIS AIRLINE DOES NOT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ABOUT CLIENT RELATIONS OR COMMUNICATION. To me they have been dishonest on several occasions. If they are not going to refund me, for legitimate or illegitimate reason then just tell me. WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED TO FLY TO THE USA? I WILL NEVER CONSIDER A FLIGHT WITH THEM AGAIN.

1  Thank Chuck C