“VA 824 - Smooth and organised flight”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Booked this flight online last minute because Jetstar decided to cancel my flight and failed to find me an alternative flight in prompt time. Virgin came to the rescue with good prices and service. The staff greeted me by name as I boarded and it felt much better than the service I would have received on the cancelled Jetstar flight.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (7,039)

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Sadly the VA lounge in MEL has turned into the Qantas Club - too many people, messy food, no care or exclusivity... The only thing I like is the premium exit.

The flight left late due to "catering" which is a laugh - no tea was served on board as this is a short flight (but it WAS served on the way up) and given a tiny bag of pretzels.

My bag was priority tagged but not that fast off. Come on VA lift your game!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

This is a short flight so you don't expect too much. I am still grumpy that there is no lounge in Hobart - why not give your Platinum flyers a coffee voucher and a sandwich. Or better yet do a deal with the Saffire Lounge to let us in.

I was in an Economy X seat which was comfy and watched a movie. The flight arrived on time. Big complaint is the food - why even bother to hand out a muesli "bar" (actually more like a cube).

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Flew out for the weekend. Big queues at the airport, but because we had carry on we were directed to a less busy counter. Service was friendly. Boarding was effortless, service on the plane was polite & attentive even though our flight was only 50 minutes.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Flying is usually a tedious task because of having to pack and unpack and repact especially if you do alot which I have been doing in the last three months. I have flown on alot of the various airlines around Australia......With Virgin I have gone to Uluru, Gold Coast, Adelaide and Melbourne. To my absolute pleasure I have found the staff to be the most consistant and considerate I have come across and they make you feel so at ease. I personally think with some of the demands passengers make on them they should get a medal. All I can say is well done Virgin you are doing a wonderful Job I absolutely love flying with you and will continue to do so.

1  Thank Babybeetle