“All good!”
Review of firefly

Reviewed 24 May 2024

Very friendly flight crews. Was fortunate to fly on a new 737-800. Comfy and large leg room. Getting better, my flight was not delayed.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Reviewed 22 May 2024

If I had known how unreliable Firefly was by reading all of these reviews before I booked, I would never have booked. I was going from Perth to Penang on Malaysian & then from Penang to Banda Aceh on Firefly.

They started by changing the time back from Banda Aceh by 5 hours which meant I would miss my flight back from Penang and KL. They finished by making what they laughingly referred to as a "minor change" to the flight from Penang to Banda Aceh. That minor change was by 2 days and 20 minutes.

I decided then to take Air Asia from KL to Banda Aceh. However, when I tried to change my Perth - KL - Penang flight with Malaysian Airways (which owns Firefly!), I was told getting off in KL was a destination change and this would therefore cost me A$485.

The cost of Perth - Penang return was $713.....

And a new flight between Perth and KL is $691.

It was therefore cheaper for me to cancel my flight for $300 and re-book it but in the end I decided that I had had enough of Malaysian aviation and cancelled the entire holiday!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 7 May 2024

Haven’t even got on our flight yet. The airline first told us that our flight was cancelled and we were having to travel in the afternoon (on a flight which we had deliberately chosen not to travel on as it clashed with important meetings). The morning flight we had chosen was more expensive. They rejected our request for a refund of the price difference.
THEN we are emailed informing us that our flight has been moved to the following day… meaning we will have to pay for a hotel for an extra day. We do not have this kind of money. I am appalled at their treatment of customers. We were going away for our 1st wedding anniversary and it is expensive for us but we wanted to make it special. Firefly is making it very stressful and beyond our financial means completely out of our control. I do not recommend them.

Reviewed 24 April 2024

Worst airline ever. Charged us $110 change fee to change flight date but changed us back to the original flight and refused to refund the change fees. Where is the justice to customers?

Please don’t fall into their trap of offering cheap fees. They frequently change your flights just to cancel their non-profitable flights.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 15 April 2024

Bad experience because of their bad management, flight delay 3 times and last minute inform. From 1025H to 1800H. About 8 hours waiting here at airport

Date of travel: April 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.