“Late with no compensation”
Review of firefly

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My flight had one hour and twenty minutes delay. No compensation has been given to passengers and none seems to care. The lack of consequence does not encourage to make efforts to reduce the number of delays resulting appalling statistics when it comes to the number of flights being on time. When will the company demonstrate some professionalism and learn how to take care of its customers properly ???

Date of travel: June 2024
    • Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My flight was delayed by 3 hours and no email or so sent. The announcement is made at the airport 5 min after the scheduled flight

Date of travel: June 2024
Reviewed 25 May 2024

Horrible FireFly. Wasting time. I have to keep rescheduling my time to pick my husband who went on a business trip. Gosh! I can’t believe it. They kept delaying flight from time to time to time. All in wasted so many hours of quality time. We missed our dinner plans and friends gathering because of that. Horrible. Terrible.

Reviewed 24 May 2024

Very friendly flight crews. Was fortunate to fly on a new 737-800. Comfy and large leg room. Getting better, my flight was not delayed.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 22 May 2024

If I had known how unreliable Firefly was by reading all of these reviews before I booked, I would never have booked. I was going from Perth to Penang on Malaysian & then from Penang to Banda Aceh on Firefly.

They started by changing the time back from Banda Aceh by 5 hours which meant I would miss my flight back from Penang and KL. They finished by making what they laughingly referred to as a "minor change" to the flight from Penang to Banda Aceh. That minor change was by 2 days and 20 minutes.

I decided then to take Air Asia from KL to Banda Aceh. However, when I tried to change my Perth - KL - Penang flight with Malaysian Airways (which owns Firefly!), I was told getting off in KL was a destination change and this would therefore cost me A$485.

The cost of Perth - Penang return was $713.....

And a new flight between Perth and KL is $691.

It was therefore cheaper for me to cancel my flight for $300 and re-book it but in the end I decided that I had had enough of Malaysian aviation and cancelled the entire holiday!

• In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.