“Scam Artists, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!”
Review of Arik Air

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

#nevereverflyarikair, It's sad that this airline that used to be the standard for aviation in Nigeria has now fallen into the abyss.
I attempted to purchase an air ticket on their website in March 2017, my account was debited but no ticket was issued, I've spent countless hours calling and writing emails, and each time they collect my card details and details of the attempted booking but nothing ever happens, and they don't have the courtesy to even try to follow up with the case, and this is after 6 months!
It's only scam artists that charge you for services not rendered and then refuse to refund even when they know that they have wronged you.

Please avoid this airline at all costs except if you like being hassled.

There are newer reviews for Arik Air

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Their customer care lines do not go through. Managed to get through and was told the system was down. Poor customer service

Slow portal. I was not able to confirm that my flight was ticketed, because no email was sent.

Arik needs to look at becoming more accessible to customers

Reviewed 8 August 2017

As an example of how this airline operates this is a copy of my comments that I had to make through Facebook:

"You still haven't refunded my flight money. You have asked me to fill in forms that I have now done several times with no success and the latest in a round of using evasive measures so that I will grow tired of your failings and give up was to ask me for a Nigerian account, even though I am British. I have since sent you a Nigerian account to deposit a refund and you have still failed to make a payment. Maybe Capt. Roy Ilegbodu (Chief Executive Officer Arik Air) can encourage the company to operate a kosher business and pay refunds to their customers that they have sold tickets to and have not honoured flights. As you have failed to refund me my £151 for a cancelation, you leave me with no option to share how you operate your business through social media. You not only cancelled the flight but failed to inform me that the flight would not happen. This left me stranded at Dakar Léopold Sédar Senghor International Airport on the 23rd May 2017 at midnight, where I had to wait until the following day to buy a new ticket with a different airline that left at midday. That's 24hours later. You are conducting an appalling business and I have no hesitation in exposing you so that others do not leave themselves open to a similar service."

They offer a very poor service and I would never fly with them again.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Air travel is a challenge, and it is not unusual to have up to three hour delays due to "Operational Reasons"
Since Arik was recently restructured, I have been pleasantly amazed that their flights have been on time. This is truly amazing for Nigeria. Well done Arik and keep up the departing on time routine.
Other poor service aspects of Arik persist, with terrible in flight snacks and check in attendants doing you a favour. Terrible service, but that is standard for all Nigerian airlines. Arik currently stands out as departing on time.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I bought a return ticket Los-Abj-Los. Got to the Lagos airport in time to check in. Stood on the queue for about 2hrs while a lot of commotion going on at the counter. When it finally got to my turn, the lady at the counter hurriedly asked another lady if there was still a seat before manually checking me in. She told me to hurry so I'll catch the bus taking people to board the aircraft. I ran like my life depended on it, got on the bus and got to the aircraft only to be told the doors were already shut. Got back into the airport only to find out tickets were being sold through the back door(hence why the queue was taking forever to move). So Arik actually overbooked the flight and checked more people in than they could actually carry. Many passengers were left behind and they offered us other ridiculous alternatives. Thankfully, I made the second flight for the day later in the evening.

On my way back to Lagos. I got to the Kaduna airport (Abuja airport was under construction so flights booked to/fro Abuja were redirected to Kaduna) a few hours before the scheduled flight only to be told the flight was, rescheduled and left about 4hrs before the original schedule. Yes, a 5pm flight left at 1pm! I got no text message, no email, NOTHING! The attendant stupidly suggested I go back to Abuja and come back the next day. No remorse, no compensation whatsoever. I had to book the next flight from the next available airline inorder to get back to Lagos.

I'll never advice anyone to book an Arik flight no matter how cheap it is. If you do, be ready to forfeit it at any time and know your purpose of traveling can be ruined anyhow and anyway.
The staff are rude and unbecoming! They treat passengers like animals after disrupting their flights.