“Smooth, on time and a lovely plane”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 25 September 2017

A lovely 787-9 made this long flight bearable and comfortable. Staff were pretty good, and the food also. Great entertainment options.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Living in Tucson, Arizona, I am accustomed to flying in extremely small regional jets. But I have never felt so crammed in a plane as I was in this prop Bombardier Q400 between Toronto and Quebec City, Canada. Long and narrow, the plane had 78 seats with a 2x2 configuration. Passengers filled every one on this flight. And there seemed to be more space for carry-ons in the bins overhead than in those seats. In a nutshell, it was a terribly cramped situation. To make matters worse, the bottom of the bins encroached on passenger territory, so many, myself included, hit their heads when standing up to go to the toilet or to exit the plane.

We boarded the plane outside on the tarmac by ascending five narrow steps. I had a carry-on and a large purse and found it difficult to maneuver in the limited space. So during the nearly 2-hour flight, which seemed twice as long in my uncomfortable seat, I strategized on how I would descend those steps.

About 40 minutes into the flight, however, my thoughts turned elsewhere -- to what could be causing the loud beating sound like someone pounding on a drum. It continued for about 10 minutes. To call this disconcerting would be a major understatement.

The cabin itself was well worn but clean. Our flight attendants were pleasant and offered two beverage services but no snacks.

1  Thank Rumples
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

If Air Canada can't honor flight schedules from Toronto and Syracuse and vice versa then they should just stop that service instead of constantly screwing up people's travel plans. In one weekend I know of 3 flight a that were cancelled for these 2 cities. That's crazy. A one hour flight is now making my daughter stay in Toronto for 24 hrs on a Monday when she should be in school. Air Canada sucks.

1  Thank chumcon
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We flew with Air Canada JAZZ recently from Montreal to Hamilton Airport ( we flew originally from Hamilton to Montreal...but not on the Jazz plane )....and the hostess was really friendly ...Chantal is her name. Although the flight took off 2 HOURS late it was still a pleasure to fly this short route with Jazz. We had time for a cup of coffee and before we knew it we were back in Hamilton. I would fly with them again .

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We took this flight thinking that it would be nice to reach our final destination in one flight as opposed to having a stop in another city in Europe on our way to Budapest. So we flew from Chicago to Toronto to catch this direct flight. Little did we know that his 767 had not been updated with modern technology. Once we saw there were no LCD screens on the back of the seats we wondered if there would be any inflight entertainment on this 10-hour flight.

We soon found out that, yes, there was entertainment, but we would have to use our own iPad or smartphone to download the application and then we could use it. The problem was, our smartphone doesn't have a large screen and we had no iPad. Even if we had, the aircraft offered no way to charge the device so one could not use it for more than the typical battery life, which of course is not 9 - 10 hours.

We also found the seats to be quite uncomfortable, and the restrooms were also quite old and in need of updating. Bottom line, c'mon Air Canada, you can do better than this.