“Good flights very very poor customer service”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 22 October 2017

So Air Canada, I used them to travel on a trip to go ride some bike parks in and around Montreal and Quebec, I did lots of preparation and made sure I registered my bike with the airline as that is a requirement.
Upon arrival we had to sit on the tarmac for an hour because a storm passed through Montreal and wiped power to the airport so our gate was still occupied. We pulled in and went down to the baggage claim and it was utter chaos, when the power went out all of the computers went haywire and the bags coming out onto the carousals didn't match the flight numbers on the screens above them.
In all the confusion the Air Canada staff were nowhere to be seen and eventually when I found she told me to go away. So after that I went off on my own and I eventually located my bag with all of my bike gear and clothes but my bike bag was nowhere to be seen. I spent a further 2 hours looking for it, eventually had enough of useless Air Canada staff so I left the baggage claim in a foul mood knowing that I may have lost 9 thousand dollars worth of stuff (my bike and the bag) .
next day I called the airline for lost bags and was on hold for an hour and a half, eventually I got through she took the description of the bag, my name, flight number, and reservation number from Orbitz.
She said they would call me when they found it or email me. 3 days passed nothing, 5 days passed still nothing (keep in mind I called them everyday) and on the 6th day I finally got somewhere as they sent me a hard copy of my lost bag, I found out why they hadn't found it.
The muppets wrote EVERYTHING wrong, the wrong baggage tag number, wrong flight number, spelled both my first and second name wrong, had the bag described as a "rucksack", and had the wrong the phone number!
I called the head office and eventually they managed to locate my bag which never left LAX because "the cargo hold was too full" despite me paying extra. They claimed it was supposed to leave on the next flight to Montreal but that never happened.
So yes avoid Air Canada at all costs very disappointing as it is the flag carrier of Canada very poor show!

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (12,918)

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I travel across Canada for work. Staff not very friendly, flight often overbooked. If you have time, this is probably a good airline for you, they often offer some money if you are willing to give up your seat. They have lost my luggage 2 times so far.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We got so spoiled on this flight (our first time in Business Class). The lounge at Narita was well-stocked and the wi-fi was adequate. They did not have any gluten-free choices for me (except cheese), but the alcohol selection was great. The service during our flight was outstanding and my gluten-free meals were tasty (although I was only served fish and fruit - not my favorites). The movie choices were terrific with lots of new releases available. My drink orders arrived promptly. Even the bathroom seemed a little roomier than other airlines I have flown.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Worst airline ever. If I could give it zero stars I definitely would.
-worst customer service
- worst agents at airport
- worst everything

I am here at the orlando airport, waiting for my bags because they checked my bags but did not let me get my tickets for a "visa" issue.
I had to book with a different airline to get to my destination and I still do not know if I will be able to get my bag back.

I have no words to describe how bad this is, but for sure I will not book with air Canada again.

1  Thank Daphne S
Reviewed 21 October 2017

The small, 18 passenger, Beachcraft was old but the short flight was comfortable and smooth. The flight crew were friendly and we had an on time arrival.