“Customer service”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 13 September 2020

Hello,
I have been flying with air canada since the past 10 yrs. My mother passed away march 9 2020.
Couldn't go up right away cause of Covide-19. Called in friday 11 sept reserved a flight montreal to vancouver.
Had to change due to getting a ride to my sisters in Penticton.
Got a great deal, great service when I called back this morning sept 13 2020 to change to flight.
Gratitude to Air Canada for for great customer service.

Date of travel: September 2020
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (26,605)

Reviewed 10 September 2020

I flew from Winnipeg to Los Angeles to join my husband while 6 months pregnant. I meticulously packed my luggage and was stunned to discover when I retrieved my luggage at LAX that it had been destroyed. One of the wheels had been torn off my suitcase and one of my hard shell bags had been split and cracked wide open making it impossible for me to transport it. Thankfully my husband was there. I immediately went to the Air Canada baggage office and made a report. The staff viewed my luggage and indicated they had made a written report. They had me write down all my contact information and provided me a claim number. At no point did they indicate I needed to make a second report. However, when I went to follow up on my claim I received a cursory response that Air Canada refuses to review my damage claim because according to them I didn’t make a written report within 7 days even though I went and sat with their own staff to create the report immediately upon receiving my damage luggage who informed me they had made notes of the entire situation and verified the authenticity of my claim. In my opinion, this airline doesn’t deserve their customers business. I would recommend choosing an airline that actually values their customers and takes responsibility for causing unexpected damage.

2  Thank kesp90
Reviewed 10 September 2020

Ps :my flight was cancelled.i am coming to complain here and I will do it everywhere I possibly can.I bought a ticket from @aircanada for December and I bought it with insurance knowing well that in case of anything,the whole point of insurance is so I can get a refund. @aircanada cancelled my flight.I tried to reach out to customer service, but the person I talked to immediately dismissed the fact that I had stressed how important the flight is.Furthermore you didn’t even give me an option of booking with another flight but instead you want to give me a voucher.I don’t even want to ever fly with @aircanada again and I would not recommend anyone to.The pandemic has affected all of us and it doesn’t mean we are all not trying to work around it and learn to live with it.I am beyond words at how my issue was handled after sending emails but no response.This is all frustrating and you should improve

Date of travel: September 2020
2  Thank Pioneer773226
Reviewed 9 September 2020

The travel industry is just starting to recover (hopefully), so the expectations are still significantly reduced. And Air Canada managed to meet those expectations.

Pros:
- the personal care kit was pretty useful; there was a mask, a hand sanitizer, a bottle of water, a pair of gloves and a few other less useful things.
- the flight was not delayed or cancelled (unlike all my previous experience with Air Canada). Likely due to the decreased number of competing flights.

Cons:
- the boarding process is chaotic, boarding zones are assigned to maximize the hassle. Two seats on the same row from the same booking were assigned zone 4 and 6.
- the plane was full even though the airport was empty.
- no juice.

Air Canada lacks strong competitors. The monopolistic position expectedly leads to extra money for less service.

1  Thank kbuzdin
Reviewed 8 September 2020

People have become ridiculous and paranoid. On a recent flight from Calgary to Toronto, I was served chips as a snack with some water. Given the dry air on the plane, I mildly coughed while eating the chips. A piece got stuck in my throat, and the normal and natural reaction to this is! To cough. The woman in front of me turned around and asked me not to cough, and stay out of her space. I was stunned. The point t this post, is to be aware of ultra paranoid people. A simple cough is not evidence of COVID19, and neither is sneezing due to seasonal allergies. The public needs to be more respectful of common things like sneezing and coughing. The stewardess on my aisle was a complete unhappy employee, and should be grateful for being employed

1  Thank WindsNWaters
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.