“Air France is not bad for short flights”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The Airline offered a snack and drinks which was better than TAP Portugal. The staff were friendly and seating was ok.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,057)

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I was due to fly airfrance last week, as part of my big European trip... until the worst happened and my dad was diagnosed terminally ill.
Air France asked for a letter (composed in Russian I might add) to confirm that my dad was actually sick. Only to deny me any type of flight credit, any compassionate response at all actually.
Even Europes most budget airlines offered their condolences and flights held in credit, despite the ticket purchased. Only airfrance refused to offer a little help to my situation.
That's says a lot about an airline me.
Very disappointing.... I'll always remember this airline didn't help me in one of the worst times of my life.

1  Thank Lisa Y

Pre-flight Experience

My communications with Air France started weeks before our scheduled flight. I had planned a surprise honeymoon for my wife and everything was already booked. However, we had decided to extend our honeymoon, so I had reached out to several Air France employees via e-mail requesting change of date and waiving the change fees etc. To my surprise, someone from France actually called and e-mailed acknowledging my request and was kind enough of to make the change at no cost.

At the Check-in Counter

When traveling for work or pleasure, I almost never ask for upgrades. However, this was an entirely different trip. During check-in, I asked to speak to the station manager to see if they were able to do anything special for my wife and I as this was the start of our trip. Without disclosing her name, I just want to say how kind and sweet she was. She took the time to have a conversation, wanted to know all about our wedding, and genuinely expressed interest and wanted to help. Although she couldn't promise anything, she asked to meet her again at the gate.

At the gate

Upon arriving at the gate, she was waiting with another lady who was her manager. Low and behold, they offered us an upgrade to Business Class! My wife and I were so humbled by their kind gesture. We could tell how genuinely happy and excited she was for us to be celebrating our honeymoon and was happy she could help make it that much more exciting.

In-flight Service

From the initial welcome, to food, seats, to the in-flight crew - they were all amazing! My wife and I are both vegetarians and they had plenty of delicious food options. The in-flight crew took the time to have conversations with us and upon arrival in Paris, CDG, they even offered a bottle of wine to take with us!

In summary...

The reason for writing this review isn't primarily because we were upgraded to Business Class at no extra charge, but more importantly, I was beyond impressed with the fact that in this day and age where you have numerous airlines to choose from, the staff at Air France (both in France and at SFO) acknowledged my requests and genuinely cared and offered to help. I am someone that goes in with no expectations but what I learned from this experience was if you approach them sincerely, perhaps the favor might be returned. Human touch no matter the size of the corporation, still goes a long way! Kudos to Air France’s customer service!!

Highly highly recommend Air France and will definitely consider them for all my future travels! Thank you Air France team for making this such a fun and memorable honeymoon for my wife and I!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

if you are traveling to any part of Europe like Paris Portugal or other places this
airline give you all the comfort that you expect on a fly starting from the welcome
from the staff to the delicious meal they served i flew on the airbus that has two
floor and is amassing so take my advice and fly on this airline my fly was on august
to Paris then to Lisbon no problem enjoy your next fly

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Old plane, warnout interior, uncomfortable seats/beds with terrible food. What more can I say? Will never fly Air France again.

5  Thank elliegirl2015