“Flight on time, reasonable cost, terrible seating (poor choice)”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We got a notice of low fairs to Kona, HI (vacationers apparently concerned about the active volcano) and booked a visit to the island. The seat selection on the chosen flight was extremely limited - so we took what was left in the back (it's a long flight and there's nothing to see along the way). It turned out those seats (not the last row) don't recline at all, so that was a poor decision.
It's a single-aisle aircraft, so the crew has limited options for providing services during the flight. Whenever they are serving, there's no moving around for most of the occupants. The benefit of being in the back was the proximity to the economy restrooms - the one bonus of choosing seating in the rear.
There were no problems with the flight - we got there OK. We reminded ourselves to review the aircraft on SeatGuru before our next booking, and look pretty hard at Premium Class costs on our next Alaska flight.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,084)

Reviewed 20 June 2018

This was the first time I've flown a turboprop jet. Although small and forget about taking a standard size carryon, they checked my bag no charge since size guidelines had changed. The flight to Montana, Glacier International Airport, was uneventful in actually both directions out of and into Portland Oregon.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Premium seats are worth the extra money . There is more leg room and you get to board after first class, it also comes with free drinks.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Disappointed that they charge $25.00 to check a bag and can't get any good seats unless you purchase a preferred seat.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I love this airline, every time I've flown with them it's been friendly, on time, convenient and economical. This last time I was given a voucher for another trip with Alaska for taking an earlier flight instead of my scheduled flight. They gave me plenty of time to make my decision because they sent me an email asking if I were interested in making the switch.
Great airline that I highly recommend.