“Flight was fine, LAX was awful.”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Some airlines have got it down at LAX, Alaska airlines international service is NOT one of them. Long lines, confusion, one Alaska employee leading a few of us to another location where the Alaska employee fought and argued not to have us. Then the terminal waiting area was so loud you couldn't hear the announcements. Big, round area with announcements from everywhere echoing above the crowd noise. Most unpleasant from curbside to the airplane door. Once on the plane, all was fine. The flight to Mexico was good, the processing through customs is fast and efficient.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,978)

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Alaska sets a high standard. This flight was on time as scheduled. Employees were friendly, helpful and courteous..

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This was suppose to have been a visit to my daughter before her deployment for a year. When I arrived at DFW to check in for my flight, there was a customer in front of myself and one other person. My flight did not leave for 40-45 minutes. When the ticket agent finally got to me, I was told that they would not check my bag because it was too close to departure. No apology. When I asked what my options were, he rudely told me that I was going to miss my flight. When I questioned him on that, he asked if I spoke English! Again, this was to be a trip to see my daughter before her deployment. Instead, I was forced to pay over $ 900.00 to American Airlines to for a one-way ticket to Boise. I was physically sick to my stomach for the first 3 days of our trip because of this. I will NEVER fly with Alaska airlines again.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We got a notice of low fairs to Kona, HI (vacationers apparently concerned about the active volcano) and booked a visit to the island. The seat selection on the chosen flight was extremely limited - so we took what was left in the back (it's a long flight and there's nothing to see along the way). It turned out those seats (not the last row) don't recline at all, so that was a poor decision.
It's a single-aisle aircraft, so the crew has limited options for providing services during the flight. Whenever they are serving, there's no moving around for most of the occupants. The benefit of being in the back was the proximity to the economy restrooms - the one bonus of choosing seating in the rear.
There were no problems with the flight - we got there OK. We reminded ourselves to review the aircraft on SeatGuru before our next booking, and look pretty hard at Premium Class costs on our next Alaska flight.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

This was the first time I've flown a turboprop jet. Although small and forget about taking a standard size carryon, they checked my bag no charge since size guidelines had changed. The flight to Montana, Glacier International Airport, was uneventful in actually both directions out of and into Portland Oregon.