“New carry on bag policy”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

First let me state that I loved Virgin America. But now that they were bought out by Alaska, I’m not so sure. Both directions of the flight, I flew on the Virgin jets that are wonderful with all the free movies. That did not change in the buyout. But now Alaska has come up with a new limited bag size for carry on luggage. Your standard 21incher will now have to be checked. They have a sizer at the gate if you go directly there after security. 90% of the people had to gate check their bags because they are too big under the new dimensions. Since this is a new policy that had just taken effect, Alaska did not charge to gate check. But you can be certain that you will need to pay in the future if you want to fly with your once OK sized bag. Alaska claims they are just following what other airlines are doing so there will be not conflict if you fly several airlines. I cry BS. When we landed at SFO, we saw everyone getting off other airlines with their standard size 21 inch carry on bags. Seems Alaska is trying to pay for the merger with additional bag check fees. Very disappointed. Not buying a new bag just to fly Alaska.

Write a ReviewReviews (10,521)

Reviewed 21 June 2018

They have figured out how to make a long flight shorter... The gogo ap via Alaska Airlines allowed me to make the trip seem shorter by letting me view several movies on my cell phone. Great feature, makes me want to fly Alaska to more destinations.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Alaska is a Favorite airline. Great friendly service. Comfortable seats. Healthy choices for meals / snack.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Everything seemed to be going well. Boarded on time, but waited nearly an hour to depart over a software upgrade. Should have been done and checked before we got on. After it was fixed we had an uneventful flight. Good movie selection.
After landing and being told our bags would be on carousel 2. Waited over 40 and then told they don’t know where our bags would be. Finally they came down on3. Not a good way to end our flight.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We were boarding the plane when my curious son peeped into the cockpit. The pilots called him in to sit in the cockpit with the pilot cap and explained a bit about flying and then asked my son to announce as well which I thought was so cool and a lifetime memory that my son would treasure!!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)