“Good Service”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 23 October 2017

This is my favorite Airline. I love flying American because you can get good discounts, the service is great and the people are vert friendly and helpful. I am handicapped and they went above and beyond to make my flight as comfortable as possible.

Write a ReviewReviews (34,550)

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Our flight through Charlotte to Cancun was as expected...a full flight that left on time but when arriving in Charlotte, we sat for awhile waiting for a flight to leave the gate. But it only meant not having to wait as long in the terminal before boarding our flight to Cancun. The crew to Cancun was welcoming and once in the air, drinks, but no munchies were provided for our 3 hour flight. We hadn’t flown in 2 years, so maybe that is the new norm. Of course the flight was over booked, so needed 1 person to give up their seat for a flight several hours later. No takers until someone gave up his seat for a $1,000 voucher.

The one thing that bothered me was the live infomercial from a crew member that went on for a few minutes describing the advantages of their credit card....and then a flight attendant coming through the cabin with applications that they wanted you to fill out & turn in to the crew...really??? Doesn’t the Captain and his flight crew have more important work than trying to sell passengers on a credit card???

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Usually fly American and find it be above average most of the time. So, this one was a bit of a surprise. Delays all around. And customer service was not much help. Staff was late and coulld not be found by the others. Check in usually spot on. This day not very attentive. Their was a rain delay in Chicago which backed up everything for about 5 hours. CS was not very helpful. More interested in helping a fellow employee with their concerns while not paying attention to what was in front of them. TSA pre check was closed so even though we were approved could not go through. A bit average and below and unexpected. agree Don P needs improvment

Reviewed 23 October 2017

This was our first American Airline flight. As it was a charter for Latam Airlines, it was American Airline run and staffed.

This flight had a lovely plane with lots of leg room and a leg rest that moved up and down - something we had never had before. We actually slept on this long night flight and it was wonderful. But we should have known something was up when a curtain went up around the seat behind us prior to take off. We were the sitting in front of the last seats on the right side at the rear of the plane. Apparently on night flights the flight attendants take turns SLEEPING in this curtained seat. Our problem was that two different flight attendants were smashing into the back of our seats getting organized behind the curtain throughout the flight. It was just ridiculous and I have to say I was really "pissed off" because I paid for my seat and the flight was exhausting. What would have been an amazing flight turned into a ridiculous situation with my husband having to pull back the curtain and ask one of them what the hell they were doing. Honestly, not what we were expecting on an airline that has been flying for years.

If American INSISTS on allowing their flight attendants to take turns sleeping during long haul overnight flights, they have to ENSURE it does not impact the passengers in the seat in front of the curtain. After all, our business keeps their airline in business.

On our way back from Peru we noticed that the curtain was set up again so some other poor souls were dealing with the ridiculous set up yet again. I've flown overnight before and have never had flight attendants, who are supposed to be working sleeping at the back of the plane.

For this reason I can't recommend flying with American Airlines.When a business puts their staff before their customers, I quickly take my business elsewhere. There are plenty of other choices out there!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We have flow American to HNL first class many times for many years and were always pretty happy with it.

We flew it last week, in the newly configured 1-2-1 first class seating. It's ridiculous the way it is laid out in the first place because most of the people on this flight are couples and if you sit along either side of the aircraft, you can not sit next to your travelling partner, wife, girl friend or whatever. What moron at American Airlines thought this was a good design where husband and wife have to sit on different rows, one in front of the other ? Ridiculous !!

In addition, the overhead storage is really tight because there is NO ?under the seat in front of you" storage for small carry-on's, so everything has to go in overhead compartments.

Also, the seats themselves are not at all comfortable, hard to adjust to where you want them and no foot rest as did the old seats. My seat would not completely recline to the lay down position either. These are newly modified aircraft, how can they not operate correctly

I am totally unhappy and disappointed with this new configuration, and the flight attendants said the get literally hundreds of complaints.

Way to go American. Let US Air come in, buy you out, and destroy what had once been good service and aircraft. I'm sure you spent billions of dollars to come up with this idea and layout, and you should fire the designer and the management that approved these changes. You really don't have to be an airline experienced manager to tell that this is a disaster.

1  Thank placebets