“Crowded Gate Area”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I'm a big fan of your competitor's airline where you stand in an orderly line and board the plane. American still boards by group number, which means lots of people blocking the gate area while waiting. Everyone has an assigned seat....you will get on the plane and into your seat! So there's no reason to hurry up and get in the way of everyone else. Other than that, our flight was good. Going to San Antonio, we were given both pretzels and cookies. On our return flight, we were given a choice of either pretzels OR cookies.

Write a ReviewReviews (41,477)

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We fly from Philadelphia to Phoenix and then home 6 days later- not sure how the rules could have changed but they did. Flying there was fine, decent boarding group and ok seats. On the way home- husband and I were not seated together, we were in the last boarding group and weren't allowed to put anything in the overhead- so had to pay $25 to check a bag we had carried on 6 days earlier!!!

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Everything went smoothly. Traveling home from Cayman. Legroom in coach was fine. We upgraded to more legroom on the second leg. It was worth it.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Our flight left out of Dayton, Ohio weather was cold with light rain icing. Left on time arrived on time for our connection at Charlotte flights there were delayed due to weather which slowed time deplaning. Made our connection to Punta Cana arrived on schedule. Return flight was on time and home as scheduled. My only complaint is the extra charges for seat changes to seats forward of the wings are excessive but overall it was as expected. I didn’t pay to move 5 or 10 rows closer to the exit.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Roanoke, VA to Kauai, HI is a long way. Being 64 and 6'4" tall makes travel even harder. I've gotten bigger and seats have gotten smaller, so I decided to go first class for the first time. I didn't like the price increase over economy, but I do feel that it helped the 8+ hours I was in the air. The other thing that gripes me is that they canceled my plane from Lynchburg, VA to Charlotte, NC forcing me to drive to Roanoke. Leaving Roanoke at 5:30 AM caused me to spend the night at a motel.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank William B