“Great flight but that is basically all you get”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 2 April 2018

American Airlines offers a non stop flight from Charlotte, no to San Juan, Puerto Rico. That is wonderful for travelers who live in both areas. It only takes about 3 1/2 hours to get there. Drinks and cookies were offered on the flight in economy section. The only reason I gave it a 4 was that there is no more entertainment offered on board (except what could be downloaded from their website). There are still many people out there who do not carry devices on them that provides entertainment. I had downloaded some music and movies to my iPad prior to going on my trip. My friend next to me did not have any headphones though her phone did have some music. I shared my earphones with her and we listened to music and watched movies (she had one earphone on while I had the other). I cannot complain about the flight, seats, or service, but I am disappointed that airlines have gone the route of eliminating entertainment. As much as I would love to see it brought back, I guess it won’t be.
Overall, I enjoyed our flight both ways.

Write a ReviewReviews (38,071)

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Just found out our 2 flights have changed times, one now needing an overnight stay. I called AA and asked for a copy of the original notification. I received a new updated itinerary. I don’t believe we were ever notified of these changes. Shameful service. Will not use America again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had connecting flights both coming and going, which always makes me nervous. But all flights left on time, and we arrived a bit ahead of schedule each time as well. Everything was efficient. Flight attendants and gate workers were businesslike and again, efficient. We were offered beverages and a small snack (pretzels or a biscotti) on each leg of our journey. On three of the four flights, we had individual screens on the headrest in front of us for entertainment, which helped to pass the time. The legroom seemed a tad roomier than other flights we've been on in recent memory.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I recently had to travel to Pensacola from Kansas City and booked on American Airlines. I was traveling for a funeral and had to book last minute. I found American to have the lowest fare with under a week’s notice. We had a layover in Dallas and arrived 15 minutes early, allowing us time to get lunch. Our flight from Dallas to Pensacola left right on time and also arrived 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Both flights were relatively uneventful, with great flight staff on both flights. I would definitely recommend American for travel to Dallas or Pensacola from Kansas City.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I'm a big fan of your competitor's airline where you stand in an orderly line and board the plane. American still boards by group number, which means lots of people blocking the gate area while waiting. Everyone has an assigned seat....you will get on the plane and into your seat! So there's no reason to hurry up and get in the way of everyone else. Other than that, our flight was good. Going to San Antonio, we were given both pretzels and cookies. On our return flight, we were given a choice of either pretzels OR cookies.