“relaxed”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

All of the usual issues like delays, switched seats, hustling to stow hand luggage, none of these applied. All was very relaxed, smooth and perfectly on time. Got to our destination (Miami) ahead of time and our connecting flight/Charleston) was just as smooth. The food was as good as it will get in an airplane and the service was very friendly. Arrived at my destination relaxed and ready to rock & roll. And since I was going there to give my daughter away it was absolutely essential that I was ready to tackle any eventual problem that might arise in the planning of the wedding. And you know what? I was ready!

Date of travel: January 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (54,082)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Travelers being bumped is the rule today, not the exception. American seems to have thought it best to oversell and treat a holiday and play off weekend as a normal Monday. Not only that, they are blaming everyone but themselves. Nothing to make it better except empty promises and less than heartfelt apologies as my children sit at home without me. Additionally, I will not make it to my 7pm customer and I keep getting bumped from flight after flight. I don’t write bad reviews as typically I look for the positive in situations and think it best to say nothing if you can’t say something nice. American will not be getting me or my Family’s money ever again. That is a promise.

1  Thank Acecoeyman
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight was delayed over an hour coming from Chicago. AA got the plane ready in good time and started boarding. This was a large 2/3/2 seating arrangement. Why the don’t start boarding from the back to the front, I’ll never know. Sure makes sense to me. Let the first class go first (they paid to sit in their seats the longest anyway . Then start the boarding process back to forward.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had been flying United, and before that Continental, for a long time. It was always United to Aruba. We had enough and decided to fly American from Philadelphia which was a great experience. The service was excellent and we had a flight attendant in business class who was in her 49th year of service. She was the absolute best. I’m sorry I did not get her name but she was on Flight 870 from Philadelphia on January 21, 2019. We will be saying on American to Aruba in the future.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our trip was typical of airline travel these days. Cramped seats in economy class, soft drink and pretzels or crackers provided. Flights were on time, and luggage didn't get lost, so they were two plusses! That's probably as good as it gets these days.