“The American Way”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 9 December 2019

My experience over many years of flying on American has always been a good one. This trip was no exception. The flight crew were kind and accommodating. Flying may be uncomfortable at times, but keeping a sense of humor and decorum always makes things better, Flight 1270 was smooth. As was the flight from Charlotte to Albany. We returned to San Diego out of Philadelphia and I had the same experience - a kind, helpful and accommodating flight crew. In my opinion the flight crews work hard. They have to interact with a myriad of personalities and sometimes “the obnoxious”. I have always found if you give respect you get the same in return.

Date of travel: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (71,535)

Reviewed 9 December 2019

My wife and I started our trip in Tucson, Arizona. We flew from Tucson to Phoenix and then from Phoenix to San Jose Del Cabo. All flights were on time. The seats in first class are very comfortable and provide each passenger with plenty of elbow room. Additionally, leg room is excellent so that you are not stuffed into your seat like a sardine. Service is excellent for food and drinks which are included in your air fare. If you are able to fly first class, I recommend that you do so. Be careful though, as we found out, that once you fly first class you will not want to go back to coach. Fly first class and let the Airlines take care of you from origin to destination.

Reviewed 9 December 2019

Delayed departure of 30 min as usual for SFO but mad up time in the air. Perhaps scheduling now includes SFO departure delays. Professional care provided by all flight attendants, Flight was uneventful and was on time

Reviewed 9 December 2019

I was lucky this time. Not about the service or quality of the flight. This time there were just about 40 people in turist class so all the crew was for us. If always I say that the crews in American are amazing, this time they went over board !!

And I had to congratulate the pilot for the landing. So smooth !!!!

Reviewed 9 December 2019

Let me first state that flying anywhere is no longer fun. Never a good experience. This flight like most others was overbooked. Did carryon baggage but Impossible to get overhead storage so had to check baggage anyway. LAX is another issue. Took one hour to reach our terminal from the airport entrance. Never again from LAX.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.