“Leesa A”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 7 March 2021

I travel monthly by airline and have never had a worse experience than flying with American Airlines!! First time flying with American in year's and everything about it was sub par to the other Airlines. First off, I was traveling with my minor child, and both to and from our destination they did not sit us together. I called customer service 24 hour's in advance to fix it, they said they couldn't fix it except to upgrade my seats by $38 or $97 a person. Went to the airport early for our flight and the main ticket counter said they couldn't fix it, we would have to get the agent at the gate to fix it. Gate agent said there was nothing they could do. They would not fix the situation but a nice lady allowed me to switch seats to be with my child. There were numerous couples on my flight that also complained they were asigned seats separate from each other. On the way back they separated us again. Putting us in 14A and 20F. Not even sort of close! I purchased these tickets together 3 months in advance. Picking out my seats together when I made the reservation. Zero reason to not have us together other than corporate greed! Only way to change our seats again was to upgrade to higher priced seats at $38, or $97 a person. My second complaint was that the economy seats were so close together you literally had to climb over the arm rest to get in your chair, and the tray when you put it down was physically into your body. I will never fly American Airlines again!

1  Thank 988lesaa
Write a reviewReviews (71,715)

Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

On March 5th Flying home from Dallas I came across the worst F/A in 20 plus years of flying for work, She was absolutely horrendous. Why do people stay with jobs that they blaetnly hate. I get that F/A are there for safety but they are also in the business of customer service and they are the face of the airline. Service on American is awful and it continues to get worse which is a shame.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
1  Thank berzza1
Reviewed 7 March 2021

We arrived at the Key West Airport with plenty of time to spare. We checked our bags, got through security, and then arrived at our gate. Our boarding passes stated that we needed to see a gate agent for a seat assignment. My husband and I waited in line for 30 minutes before we got to the counter, only to be told by the gate agent that she was "too busy and could not help us." That's cool, I love just wasting time.

1  Thank blendertooth
Reviewed 6 March 2021

AA was my worst nightmare experience I’ve ever had. My flight was originally from Boston to Chicago and than from Chicago to Honolulu. AA overbooked their plane from BOS to CHI, provided very small plane from the 80s, then start asking if someone wants to cancel their trip to Chicago, go back home and wait for a new flight. Obviously everyone denied that idea. On the flight from CHI to Honolulu was NO food served, and the flight is 10 hours! For 10 hours no food!!! Pretty much every company adapted to Covid rules and provide some sort of food on such a long flights. I got a better meal in JetBlue flying from Boston to Miami during Covid than an AA provide on 10 hour flight. I’ll never fly again with AA! Worst airline experience in my entire life

Reviewed 5 March 2021

Tried planning a Europe trip this AM with multi city stops and AA's web site kept denying access with message "our system is having problems, please try again later". After trying 10 times over a twenty minute period I gave up. How can this airline assure its customers that they can operate their airline safely, on time and with customer satisfaction as their goal when they can't operate their system. I went on 2 competing airline sites and Expedia and had no problems with fast response times!
When 32% of respondents leaving TA reviews rate AA terrible or poor over a long period of time, I believe they don't care! And what does that tell you!!!

• Customer service
1  Thank jaybeeFL
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.