“Impeccable service as always”
Review of ANA (All Nippon Airways)

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

ANAs service centric value prop works well in this long haul flight. Checkin is seamless. I lost my (rather expensive) jacket on my return leg and their staff went out of their way to recover it for me from the security area. Hard to imagine this in the US.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (7,344)

Reviewed 24 September 2018

For my outbound flight to Japan I chose ANA because it lands at Haneda, only 20 minutes from the hotel where I was staying. But I also felt like a change from the well known European carriers. I was impressed by the caring service, the punctuality and the excellent meal service. The business class cabin was spacious and the seats comfortable with lots of little nooks and crannies to stow things. I had hoped for an upgrade to first but that was not possible for the business class fare I was paying (P), so I asked the airhostess whether ANA offered pijamas in business class - the answer was no, but then she turned up with a beautiful pijama from First class. Arrival time (6.30 am) made it a long day after a short night . and the lines for immigration were long - it took me half an hour to get through. SO maybe Haneda is not as good as it seems, but ANA certainly exceeded my expectations.

1  Thank robert_bos53
Reviewed 24 September 2018

In this day and age, ANA is NOT able to accept payment for flight changes for 'restricted currency' on their website for flight changes! This is such a scam of an airline, they allow you to buy a ticket in 'restricted currency' but when you try to make a change, the website of course does not work and their call centers route me around the world and no one wants to take responsibility to fix their internal system limitations. They actually ask me to go to India to make the change. I am based in Singapore. This is supposed to be Japan's best airline? In this day and age they cant process a simple credit card payment over the internet? Definitely the worst airlines, far worse than the worst. Its ancient, archaic and lacks responsibility. Never flying ANA ever again.

4  Thank A943ACanthonyl
Reviewed 24 September 2018

My wife and I had a very short transfer-time at our destination airport, also because of a little delay. So the crew contacted the next Company we where about to travel with and asked them to wait for us. We had booked only economy and where seated on row 27 i think. To be able to go out of the airplane a little faster, the gave us a seat in 5th row of the business-class. All this with an amazingly friendly and sweet behaviour. So absolut big recommendation and i will miss flying with ANA :)

1  Thank Destan U
Reviewed 23 September 2018

This was just the first leg of a flight to New Orleans, with the second and third flights under UA. The contrast between the two airlines couldn't be starker, but I'll focus on ANA here. As it was a business trip I was fortunate enough to have business class--three days of work in the US with no excess days to get over jet lag means business class is a must. Check-in was silky smooth, while on board the individual cubicles are virtually equivalent to first class on many airlines. There is huge space and logically placed shelves to put books, phones etc. The seats as beds are very comfortable, while the TV screen is very large and the entertainment is easy to navigate through. This brings me to the only complaint about ANA--the entertainment in terms of films, TV and audio choices are very limited.
The staff were of course brilliant, and constantly offering drinks while the meals served were very good.
On the return flight, as my flight from Chicago was delayed I missed my Narita to Kuala Lumpur flight. As a result several of us were taken to Haneda for flights later that day. However, while this was of course all free of charge, given the fact that the connection missing was not the fault of the passengers, I do feel a meal voucher at the very least should have been given--my new flight was more than six hours after the missed connection. The other times I've missed connections with a European airline, we were given meal vouchers or even a hotel stay depending on the length of wait for the next available flight. So come on ANA, don't spoil your great name with this penny-pinching.
Overall though, ANA has by far the best business class I have flown (admittedly out of only six airlines in total) and as I said at the top, it almost makes flying long haul a pleasurable experience.