“Efficient air bus service”
Review of Austrian Airlines

Reviewed 24 September 2018

This is a short, bus like, flight.
Boarding was quick and efficient, leg room was reasonable, snacks and drinks served even though the flight is less than 2 hours long.

• Legroom
Write a ReviewReviews (5,802)

Reviewed 24 September 2018

First time ever on Austrian, it was a United code share, and this airline really came through with on-board service that was exemplary. Large crew of maybe 9 or so! Smartly dressed in colorful uniforms, and very attractive hair and make up standards, etc., were obviously adhered to.

The food was really quite good, and kept coming - main course, delicious snacks, refreshments, desserts - as soon as they were through once they seemed to be coming through again. Breakfast was delightful!

Seats were comfortable, entertainment good (pretty typical these days of assortment).

Boarding was not done by groups, but I think that is more a US Domestic characteristic, which I know sorta appreciate more!

This airline pays a great deal of attention to detail, and it shows. Had only a 50 minute layover in Vienna, made it fine as we got in early - and that was with a delayed take off at LAX, so they either make enough accommodation to be on time, or else they flew faster, either way, Happy Passenger!

I just can't say enough great things about Austrian Airlines, one of my newfound favs in the flying industry!!

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Quick and friendly, in time, online check in works perfect - i always like to choose Austrian Airlines

Reviewed 24 September 2018

I will never fly this airline again. I had to fly it twice when I went to Europe for business and pleasure this year. It is missing fundamental features such as personal air vents and outlets. Yes, it does have a screen with some TV shows and movies, although I didn't recognize 70% of them. It does have a USB charge port. But, I couldn't do work on my laptop or watch movies on my laptop because there was no outlet to charge it. This made a 10+ hour flight unbearable. There was no air flow at all either because it lacked air vents. The staff didn't event apologize when I asked about it - not very friendly or understanding (so much so that I wrote down their names). One of them was nice though. Additionally, the food wasn't very good. To make matters worse, both times I flew this airline roundtrip (at all origins), it was delayed by at least 45 minutes. Not only did I have to check in a third time at the airport, on both of my trips this year I also was chosen with 5 others to have my entire luggage taken apart and searched, which was awful. I actually did end up complaining about the staff at the service counters in Vienna due to the rudeness of these employees. And even though I have Global Entry and went through that entire process, it didn't do me any good in Chicago, as this airline doesn't accept it. I have flown overseas every year since I was 3 years old; this airline is now in my top 5 of most detested airlines. While I will say it is better than some airlines, like Frontier, it is nowhere near the quality of American Airlines or United Airlines or Lufthansa.

Date of travel: May 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank KatySportsGirl
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Storms caused delay in getting off the ground, but the crew kept us well informed and managed things well. Good food and wine on the flight without charge, surprisingly. But Catania airport is terrible. 1.5 hour delay getting our luggage with no explanation and at one point to all appearances and the whole plane’s luggage was missing.