“Good efficient flight”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Efficient as has been my past experiences with BA. On time. Not everyone’s choice but suits me. M&S sandwich always welcome on the way home.

Write a ReviewReviews (27,306)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always a good flight, usually fly out of San Diego, but travelling with friends we left out of LA and did not have any problems, smooth as silk flight on time, no hassles.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were greeted by name as we boarded our Airbus A380. First class had only 4 rows, with singles by the windows and two each in the center. My husband and I were in 2EF, the center seats, first row. The seats were large and comfortable, with three pillows (one in a white pillow case and two gray throw pillows). Each seat had its own closet with a hanger and space for a carry-on. No having to reach up above your head to put your bag away. So civilized. We were handed pajamas and a comfort kit along with our champagne. Since the flight was leaving at night we decided we would go right to sleep rather than watching movies or having dinner. We put on our PJs even before takeoff. Once we were in the air, the flight attendant came by to make up my husband’s bed while he was brushing his teeth. That involved a mattress pad on the seat, a duvet and of course, our three pillows. He came back and went right to sleep, eyes covered in his BA eye mask. I decided to have some sweet corn soup first. It was delicious. I passed on the rest of the meal and on the alcohol, had my bed made up, and went to sleep. Six hours later I woke up feeling rested and refreshed. It was morning for my body, although it was afternoon in London. I had a cappuccino (so good I had a second), and more corn soup. My kind of breakfast. My husband had chocolate pancakes with vanilla ricotta. He said they were delicious.

The bathroom was not large, but big enough. The best part was they had terry cloth towels for us to use. Not just paper, but real towels! There were also two white roses in small vases. A touch of class. My amenity kit had a toothbrush with a travel size toothpaste (not the tiny 2 inch ones, but a real travel size), a hairbrush, socks, eye mask, ear plugs, moisturizer, hand lotion, chap stick and deodorant. My husband’s also had a razor and shaving cream.

As we approached London Heathrow, I suddenly smelled something burning. That is not a smell you want on an airplane. It got stronger, and then it went away. The captain then came on the PA system and told us that an “iPad had burst into flames, but it was all under control now.” Since there had been a fire however, we were given priority to land and had fire engines follow us on the runway. Once the plane was at the gate, the firemen came on board to remove the burnt iPad. I still wonder if it was an iPad or some other type of tablet, and now will all tablets be banned from flying? And all this on April Fool’s Day, but no joke.

All in the all, it was a great flight, a great plane and a great crew.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were placed on this flight by American Airlines after our flights were going to be cancelled due to bad weather. We had upgraded with points to Business Class on our original flights.In the process of obtaining our tickets for the BA 747 overnight flight from PHX to LHR we were upgraded to first class. We have flown Business class on BA before and always have had a great experience in their Business Class so we were excited to try First Class. We boarded at PHX Terminal 4 from gate B 26. The gates there were somewhat confusing and had to ask where to board and were glad we did because we boarded down from the gate. We had never flown on a 747 before and were assigned seats 4E and 4F. These are the first center seats in first class and has a small divider between the seats The TV screens are larger than we have seen before. The audio visual system was challenging at first but once understood was easy to use.The seats were spacious, fully reclined, and were very comfortable. The service was truly first class in every way. We were given pjs to sleep in. The entire crew went over and above being attentive and trying to please. The food was great and they kept our beverages full. In regards to the seating, if we were ever to fly first class on a BA 747 we would opt for a window seat instead of the center seats. The window seats seemed to have more overall room and storage areas, plus a window. That is just our personal opinion and in no way diminishes our experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Connecting flight from Heathrow was cancelled. They re-scheduled me on a flight 12 hours later. I opted to get the train home instead. On the return journey they left my luggage at Heathrow and I had to pick it up myself 3 days later without any compensation.
They still haven't paid for the cancelled flight and haven't offered compensation for the rail ticket or the left baggage.

2  Thank Colin K