“Good Service to New Orleans”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Lots of great movies to watch on this 9 hour flight to NOLA, and the only downside was food that was almost inedible - never happened before on a BA flight I've taken. Luckily, the food on the return trip was much improved. Great ice cream bars were given out, so that was a plus.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (30,691)

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had problems in both flights, from LHR to GRU and return.
We are waiting British Airways solve the problems.
We have both reference numbers that were opened in the end of both flights, but after 1 month, I am calling / emailing / comment at facebook page / and no answer from British Airways.
Hope all people think before buy a ticket with British Airways...

1  Thank AnaCrisOhira
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Efficient as has been my past experiences with BA. On time. Not everyone’s choice but suits me. M&S sandwich always welcome on the way home.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Always a good flight, usually fly out of San Diego, but travelling with friends we left out of LA and did not have any problems, smooth as silk flight on time, no hassles.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We were greeted by name as we boarded our Airbus A380. First class had only 4 rows, with singles by the windows and two each in the center. My husband and I were in 2EF, the center seats, first row. The seats were large and comfortable, with three pillows (one in a white pillow case and two gray throw pillows). Each seat had its own closet with a hanger and space for a carry-on. No having to reach up above your head to put your bag away. So civilized. We were handed pajamas and a comfort kit along with our champagne. Since the flight was leaving at night we decided we would go right to sleep rather than watching movies or having dinner. We put on our PJs even before takeoff. Once we were in the air, the flight attendant came by to make up my husband’s bed while he was brushing his teeth. That involved a mattress pad on the seat, a duvet and of course, our three pillows. He came back and went right to sleep, eyes covered in his BA eye mask. I decided to have some sweet corn soup first. It was delicious. I passed on the rest of the meal and on the alcohol, had my bed made up, and went to sleep. Six hours later I woke up feeling rested and refreshed. It was morning for my body, although it was afternoon in London. I had a cappuccino (so good I had a second), and more corn soup. My kind of breakfast. My husband had chocolate pancakes with vanilla ricotta. He said they were delicious.

The bathroom was not large, but big enough. The best part was they had terry cloth towels for us to use. Not just paper, but real towels! There were also two white roses in small vases. A touch of class. My amenity kit had a toothbrush with a travel size toothpaste (not the tiny 2 inch ones, but a real travel size), a hairbrush, socks, eye mask, ear plugs, moisturizer, hand lotion, chap stick and deodorant. My husband’s also had a razor and shaving cream.

As we approached London Heathrow, I suddenly smelled something burning. That is not a smell you want on an airplane. It got stronger, and then it went away. The captain then came on the PA system and told us that an “iPad had burst into flames, but it was all under control now.” Since there had been a fire however, we were given priority to land and had fire engines follow us on the runway. Once the plane was at the gate, the firemen came on board to remove the burnt iPad. I still wonder if it was an iPad or some other type of tablet, and now will all tablets be banned from flying? And all this on April Fool’s Day, but no joke.

All in the all, it was a great flight, a great plane and a great crew.

;