“Not a good Birthday!”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Could have done more to compensate me after a four hour delay in Fargo due to a flat tire. Had to stay in Minneapolis and got to my hotel late. No meal voucher offered. All of my children and grandchildren traveled to visit me for my 65th Birthday. The celebration was delayed because of the flight delay. I asked you if I could get upgraded to first class on my connecting flight the next day due to all of the problems, missing my 65th Birthday celebration and I was told no. Instead I was offered a 200 dollar voucher or 10000 miles. Very poor offer with all that happened and making my 65th Birthday a miserable day. After all of the flights I have taken on Delta this year it makes me wonder if I am a valuable customer. I am a Regional Director for a hotel company and had a guest presented these circumstances to one of my hotels, I would have treated that guest like royalty and given him the best room along with meals and even the next stay on us. Overall I am very upset. I have shared this experience with all of my family, friends, Facebook account and plan on putting this on other social media sites. With all of the poor publicity that airlines are receiving for being apethetic towards their customers, I thought Delta would have treated me with empathy and value my business. Instead all I did was continue to hear “ no, there is nothing more we can do”. Very disappointed.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (33,820)

Reviewed 22 October 2017

For the first time, while embarking and deplaning, I did not greet nor thank the snarly haggard stewardess (s). Indeed I think I may have accidentally whacked an old sarcastic one with my bag as I exited. OMG!!!! I was so put off. The flight was freezing and I lit the call bell to ask for a blanket. After waiting and shivering for 40 minutes, my husband tapped a server as she slunk by. She never did get blankets but she said she'd turn up the heat. Haha. I am dumbfounded at the lack of service and the snotty attitudes.

I have not encountered this level of poor service on a plane. Simply awful. Gross food, repetitive loud announcements from the flight deck. OMG!! OMG!! I hate to fly Delta and it shows. If they could read the thought bubble over my head I think I would have been dragged off the plane by my hair. I made the mistake of needing to use the washroom at the front of the plane where I was seated and instead of moving aside and clearing a bit of space Ol' Pepto Dismal shoo'd me to the back as she was "'busy'. Contempt breeds contempt. Lordy.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Got to the airport and a quick and easy procedure to hop on an earlier flight. Gate agent was very nice and boarded right on time. Flight was decent, short, so no big drink service, but plane was clean and got in early.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This airline sucks
They list my wife's luggage on a trip out of the country.And all they could say was sorry.They have not heard the last from this guy.
Avoid these thiefs. They suck they suck they suck
They are the worst.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I flew multi city, from ZRH via KLM, then onto ATL and PLS.
After having flown with them previously, this time round I found the service amazing.
Frpm Amsterdam, I was allowed to board with my daughter ahead of the main boarding, this was much appreciated and though not the norm as she is no longer a baby, helped me considerably - thank you!
Very friendly and more than expected beverage service, which was lovely to see, considering the last time I flew Delta, you had to pay for international beverages.
Entertainment was great, both for me and my daughter. On the leg from ATL to PLS, the Delta crew were incredible, with a small clientele, they recognised this and adapted their service to provide more of a personalised service - very nice Delta. Given the fact that my father also works for Delta (though I paid for a full flight) - I am very proud to fly with them and will definitely fly with Delta in the future.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)