“Normal flight but some hiccups”
Review of Ethiopian Airlines

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The airline was recommended to me by my tour guide who said when I fly in country in Africa it would be easier and less expensive if I use this airline. It was the average flight with movies and ok food. I was thirsty though. They don't bring glasses of water around like ive had on other long flights like every hour or so. We had a delay on the way home and the waiting area had no drinks available to buy or just for comfort waiting for the delay. I had a hard time getting a response from customer service before the flight. I changed passports and wondered if it would create a problem since I booked with another passport. That question remained unanswered. Now on the way back I bought an African gift with hand carved handle and the item came back to me with the carved wood portion stolen off. I sent pics, filled out a complaint form and again..that was Dec 16th and it still hasn't been addressed. So, lock up your stuff and try to handle questions on your own. I think my item was stolen and am waiting for a response till this day. BUT...I arrived safely...

Write a ReviewReviews (2,452)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

For a February 2018 trip to Ethiopia I explored several departure airports - JFK, Newark, Philadelphia, Baltimore. The best option was Newark-Dulles-Addis Ababa. Ethiopia AIrlines was fantastic. Absolutely new planes, staff amazingly attentive and friendly. Plus the 12 hour flight gave adequate opportunity to sleep ahead of a 6:50 am arrival. Return flight was AA to Heathrow, also Ethiopia Airlines. Again a wonderful experience. I highly recommend this airline.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Craig M
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Excellent service, tasty meals for an overnight flight. The aircraft was new and well maintained. And on time!

1  Thank Patty6-13
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We fly in a Dream Liner Boing.
The service on the plane was very good. Always smieling, a lot of meals and snacks.
The food wasn´t so good (i´m a chef and has some knowledge about)
Still not enough place for your legs ( I´m 1.6 m!)
the controls and the entretainement system worked ok.
Departure late and land late also .
Addis Abebba air port is like a bus station. DO NOT EXPECT NOTHING AT ALL !!!
Nothing special to shop on the duty free and very poor merchandaises offer.
Toilets as bus station as wel ... when waiting to get the airplane toilets ar made of containers !!! (and doesn´t smell good) No easy waiting some hours there, specially with kids.
There is free wi-fi that disconect all the time :(
WORTH THE MONEY IS CHEAPER THAN OTHER COMPANIES ...
40% LESS

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank marianoj30
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I took the flight from Cairo to Nairobi with a 50 minute transit in Addis Ababa and everything was good. The food provided was very good. The flight was almost on time. The plane was not new but not too exhausted. Flight attendants were not that friendly. However the price was the best I could find for the trip.

1  Thank Alia G