“Noisy flight”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Very old and tight plane. Food was not bad but the staff did nothing to stop the passengers from wandering and chatting loudly away from their seats in an overnight flight.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Hi M_Sami5870,

Thanks again for your latest review. We do understand the importance of a comfortable flight, and we regret you found that this was a noisy one.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,331)

Reviewed 16 October 2017

A late night flight for 8 hours. The plane is OK but the seating problem is always persistent. The crew and the pilot were great. The food was very good but there were many problems with the entertainment system and they had to restart it many times the first couple of hours.

Hi M_Sami5870,

Thank you for letting us know about your second flight. Have you tried checking with the crew if there was any other seat available for you? We regret the inflight entertainment system failed to operate in the first couple of hours. We will pass on your feedback about your overall experience so we can improve our services in the future. *Sky

Reviewed 16 October 2017

An overnight 8 hours flight. The plane was not bad but still the seating is a problem. Piloting was very good and the crew members were very nice. Food was good too. A good flight in general.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you so much for sending us your feedback Sami, we are glad to read you enjoyed your flight with us. We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon! *Max

Reviewed 16 October 2017

It was a quite short 3 hours trip. The plane was OK but seating was very bad, we couldn't even push the back of the seat. The food was quite nice. Good piloting and the crew in general were nice.

Hi M_Sami5870,

Thank you for your review. We regret to hear the seat was not reclining, and we hope you'll have a better experience next time you fly with us. If you need any help, please let us know. *Sky

Reviewed 16 October 2017

During this flight I had no check-in baggage. During boarding in Abu Dhabi my hand luggage was taken from me by the cabin crew due to lack of space in passengers compartment. When luggage was confiscated in Abu Dhabi I was not provided with any luggage-ticket (!).
I did not know if the bag will land in main trunk or maybe the crew will manage to compact it somewhere in passengers compartments. Only information that I was discarded by the crew was negligible "you will find your bag after landing".

After landing I approached again one crew member and asked him about my bag. He instructed me to proceed to the airport "and I will find it on the belt".

I was transferring in Minsk - and there is no belt for transferring baggage. Airport staff was helpless as well.

Eventually I received my baggage after two days in my destination airport after frantic private phone investigation at airlines and airports (important documents inside).

The issue was created by negligence of Etihad staff consisting either of following:
- assuming that there are no transfer passenger and sending all collected bags to final belt.
- not providing any receipt for collected baggage.
- taking no action in request to return of find missing baggage.

I cannot imagine how "professional" airline as Etihad allow for such simple mistakes of the crew, eventually resulting traumatic experience of passengers.

Additionally speakers in my seat was not working and I did not receive any reply from airline after complaining.

Hi Piotr M,

Could you send us your case number in a private message so we can have a look on it and get back to you? *Sky