“Worse Airline ”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Only Airline in One Word Alliance does not allow to check in or seat selection online. Airline does not recognize sapphire or emerald etc. travelers. Flight service was terrible. If you ask for something, Staff becomes irritated like it is not their job. I have never travelled on such an airline. I would not traveled on such Airline even if they offer me free ticket.

5  Thank SSDNY
Write a ReviewReviews (8,277)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had some challenges to fit in my seat in Airbus A319 I was travelling with - mainly because of small legroom (I am 1,9 m tall). The personnel were really nice and smiley. What I would welcome is to have some food included during the 3 hour flight, or at least coffee and water. To buy even a water was quite surprising

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This review concerns two flights (a connection) Starting at Tangier airport which, when not in peak season has very little traffic. So why on Earth our flight was 20 mins late taking off I have no idea. The first flight itself was fine, very standard for the short haul flight that it was. I had a very tight connection on the other end which ended up being uncomfortably close to being missed. Thankfully, Iberia did put special arrangements in place to get me to my connecting flight. Otherwise, I would have certainly missed the second flight. The second flight was perhaps the best economy class I had ever been in, interactive seats with plenty of room. Unfortunately we were not served any food as the food and drink service was severely delayed. A good flight though. All being considered, a mixed review.

1  Thank OnlyTheHurf
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We took the hour flight from Madrid to Heathrow.
The onboard entertainment is superb with either video, tv programmes, and music available. Wifi is available though there is a nominal charge for this.
I had a cup of coffee only, though I could see that other passengers were happy with their purchases.
The leg room could have been a bit better though this was not much of an issue upon a short flight.
I would definitely fly with Iberia again.

Extremely rude sexist head of customer support, Fernando Moscardo Martorell

We booked a return flight from Barcelona to Punta cana for 3 people with Iberia. While making a booking, Iberia was shown as the carrier all the time. Since I have flown Iberia multiple times I am confident booking their flights as I know 1pcs hold baggage is always included in the fare and they have one of the best meals.

Upon checking in (also done on Iberia website) we got a boarding passes marked as LEVEL airline (never heard of it before) with a huge mark NO BAGGAGE. So we had to purchase additional baggage for 3 people and pay 120eur, but we were not aware that there is also no meals included on a 10hr flight!
Looked at an electronic ticket from Iberia and it clearly marked meal included (as Nr 3, No preference). Check-in agent was very attentive and said he can try to do whatever but that he has tons of cases like that where people are deceived into flying with Iberia but then they put them on a Level flight, with no luggage and meals! He said it happens every day! As meals were clearly marked on the ticket we kindly asked if we can talk to Iberia customer service regarding this. And that is when we were outraged by the rude responses of head of their customer service, Fernando Moscardo Martorell.

He looked into the system and just waved at us that there is nothing he can do. When presenting their ticket with meals clearly marked for both flights and the inbound flight even stating “operated by Iberia”, he said that is a mistake on the ticket (their ticket!) and there is nothing he can do. I kindly asked if they can make an exception this time as they clearly see its a their mistake, and he responded, word by word:

“If I make an exception, I make it for nice, pretty ladies, not somebody like you!”.

He smiled in a sick way a moment after that trying to make it humorous but no other of the 5 present people, Including the check-in agent, found it even remotely funny. I was shocked and could not believe this sick sexist behaviour.

The LEVEL flight experience was very bad. The plane is cramped, staff very unpolite, the temperature got below 15degrees, no blankets and pillows are offered of course. Paid 10eur for 40mb of internet, the line was unactive (notified after payment offcourse), so did not get to use any, threw away money. Lived off airport market sandwiches for 10hrs.
Stay away from this company at all costs. We are already terrified about our return flight.

3  Thank Žiga K