“Efficient, customer friendly”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 22 January 2019

Flight was on time. crew was friendly. Meals were not exceptional. The Brussels -New York connection was very enjoyable.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (31,229)

Reviewed 21 January 2019

First of all I was a huge fan of this airline, I always choose them for intercontinental flights, especially for the quality of the services on board, but my latest experience with them has left me very disappointed. The quality of the served food and the very poor choices surprised me. It's not possible to serve you the left overs, they announced 2 choices and at the end after a very long wait they told us they have only 1 type of food exactly the opposite we want to choose. Also the served food was a combination of pasta and pizza that filled us with carbs in an unwanted manner. The flight attendant that served us was extremely slow and inefficient, talking to much with the passengers and at the end she has no food to serve only what was left. Paying this much for a flight ticket, also for the luggage one has expectations regarding the services at least to receive a decent food and attention. Also the flight attendant did not give us the custom form to be filled before entering the US we had to ask them twice to give us the paper. The same observations are valid also for the returning flight from Chicago to Bucharest. Only the services in the airport at the boarding desk was ok. Next time I will fly across the Ocean I will think twice before booking a flight.

Date of travel: December 2018
3  Thank Turista2011054
Reviewed 21 January 2019

I have a frequent flyer account with Air France / KLM.
I guess because these airlines have connections that suit me well. But there is nothing special about KLM anymore.
The seats in the middle row have very reduced leg room - avoid at any cost. Everything else is just mediocre - food, service.

Date of travel: August 2018
1  Thank Diana N
Reviewed 20 January 2019

A taste of " return to it " ;-) . I recommend this irline company . An effeort for breakfast would be appreciated

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 20 January 2019

KLM has been changing their frequent flyer programs and a lot of problems related to their new program are popping up, throwing people out of the program or forgetting to add the points, and for sure the value of the obtained points has dropped immensely. In my family alone, all of us had problems with FD program. And if you connect with them, no answer, or you will be send from pillar to post.

Date of travel: January 2019
3  Thank vikskio
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Manager at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2019

Thank you for your review, it is true that we are still having some issues with our new Flying Blue program. The technical issues that we are facing are hard to fix, but our IT department is working hard on finding solutions. In case you still need help, please reach out to us again via either phone or social media. We will do our best to help.

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.