“A great trip in challenging times”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 18 January 2021

In these difficult times I want to acknowledge the staff and crew of 11.50 am KLM 1630 MPX/AMS. And the second longer flight to Bangkok
The crews were extremely attentive, helpful, friendly and did an outstanding flight.
Snack service and coffee was appreciated especially on such a short service.
Fantastic KLM paid lounge (Lounge 52) for layover. Large, comfortable, friendly, choice of snacks and food, drinks, shower....outstanding. More limited on the Bangkok route but with nice touches such as hot pizza snacks and many smiles. I was happy to get out of Malpensa though and found on arrival they had mislaid my check in bag. But Malpensa does this to me regularly irrespective of who I travel with Its that kind of an airport. Well done KLM.

1  Thank CaptLima
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Manager at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2021

Thank you for your kind words, I am happy to read about your experience!

Write a reviewReviews (31,086)

Reviewed 17 January 2021

My mother just flew on January 12th 2021 from LAX to Amsterdam and Amsterdam to Istanbul Turkey with KLM.She's 77 years old so she needs a little more help then some of us. she was flying solo
She bragged about how wonderful the service was, how attendive the crew was.
This is her first time flying with KLM and she couldn't be happier.
We'll definitely fly with you again

Date of travel: January 2021
KLM_Royal_Dutch, scm at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2021

Thank you kindly for sharing your mother's experience with KLM! I am happy to read that she enjoyed her flight and hope to welcome you both back on board in the future!

Reviewed 16 January 2021

There were rumors that quite often KLM loses luggage. I had never traveled having checked-in luggage with them. The first time I did, it turned out to be the worst experience by far with an airline company. They lost both of my luggage leaving me in a cold Swedish city without anything. They said they will bring my luggage after a day. The courier could not speak English and decide to bring my luggage the next day(!!!). Baggage claim service is an absolute 0.

Stay away if you travel with checked-in luggage!!!

• Check-in and boarding
KLM_Royal_Dutch, SCM at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2021

I'm sorry to heat about your unfortunate experience. If you are still in the need of assistance, please contact our service center via Social Media or telephone.

Reviewed 16 January 2021

Regarding my previous review, it has been almost a year and i have not received any answer on your social media platforms. Neither did i get a valid answer through email, by failing a complaint.
I do hope you can solve it, and do what is right.
So i do stand by my previews statements and advice people to avoid KLM group. As you wont get the service that you pay for!
Have used almost all of European major airlines and non of them have issues like you do.
Link to my previous post.

Date of travel: February 2020
    • Check-in and boarding
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social Media Representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2021

I regret to learn of this unfortunate experience. I understand your disappointment and I extend my apologies for any inconvenience this experience had caused you.

It is never our intention to make you feel disregarded. With that said, kindly reach out to us privately and share your booking details so we can locate your booking and take the necessary action, if warranted.

Nevertheless, I hope to serve you better in the future. Thank you for understanding.

Reviewed 15 January 2021

Been loyal customer for years and very happy with their service. Before covid I would travel with them every week for business trips. Their flights are usually on time and service is good. Both for short and long haul flights their service is always excellent!
People need to stop comparing airlines to their service 20 years ago, air travel has changed, it's not a hotel but a means of transport from A to B, but KLM still keeps a great quality and fair standard for their flight prices.

Their customer service is always great. A recent example of quality customer service is what made me come here leave a review:
When my trip was canceled in April 2020 due to covid they made it very easy to request a voucher, as a regular client this was a good option. Today in Jan 2021 not knowing when I might be able to fly again, I called customer service to get my voucher value in cash. No questions were asked by KLM, they quickly asked for my details (the call took less than 15min) and in the next 72h I shall receive a full cash deposit.

I will continue to be a loyal customer for years to come!

Date of travel: April 2020
    • Check-in and boarding
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social Media Representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2021

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with us. Our brand of service is one where we consider you as part of our family and I'm glad you had the chance to experience it. I appreciate your endorsement and look forward to having you fly with us again soon.

US$USD
Malaysia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.