“The horror costumers service”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 30 July 2021

You have the baddest customer service I have ever known. I will take it into account so that I will never ever take flights with you. the horror. Never again

4  Thank palomak494
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social Media Representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2021

I regret to read that your experience with our customer service was less than ideal. I kindly invite you to contact my colleagues via any of our Social Media channels (Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, or WeChat) to recount your experience and be advised accordingly. You may also provide us with a more detailed feedback on your concern to help us make improvements. Thank you in advance for your time.

Write a reviewReviews (31,136)

Reviewed 30 July 2021

A flight of about one(1) hour with Covid formalities at Schiphol of double that. Given the mix of people and families flying not surprised it took so long to process the plane load. However, all went well with a huge Team on hand to handle the passengers.
Newcastle went equally well having personally declared a 10-day quarantine with appropriate 2, 5 and 8 day covid PCR tests.

Date of travel: June 2021
1  Thank kelvinwilliama2014
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social Media Representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2021

I'm glad you had a good experience overall flying with us. Thank you for your continued patronage and I look forward to having you in many of our future flights!

Reviewed 26 July 2021

My review entirely relates to travel during COVID.

I rang KLM customer service 5 times today, each of the individuals in customer service couldn’t answer what specific COVID documents I needed to travel. All referenced their web site, which is full of differing information and referrals to gov web sites.

They have had 2 years to get a clear specific messages out to customers on what they need to travel from A to B or A -B- C

I spent 3 hours reading the blurb which was contradictory and confusing.

By now they should have set up a specific COVID team to answer travellers questions.

3  Thank X9605FUkevinw
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social Media Representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2021

I regret to learn that you find the information given to you as confusing or insufficient. KLM strive to provide our passengers an enjoyable journey thus I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Rest assured that your feedback will be reviewed individually by my colleagues. Despite what occurred, I hope you'll still consider KLM for your future flights.

Reviewed 21 July 2021

Business flight from Zurich via Amsterdam Schiphol to San Francisco. My baggage didn't make it with me, so I reported immediately after arrival at SFO. It has taken KLM 4 days to locate my bag, but they still haven't managed to forward it to me. Customer service seems pretty unengaged and uninterested in my problem; slow responses and no voucher offered for my unexpected expenses whatsoever.
Definitively NOT the service you would expect for a business fare.
The flight itself and the service provided onboard were ok.

2  Thank vesalian
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Social Media Representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2021

I regret to learn of this unfortunate experience. I kindly advise you to contact my colleagues via any of our Social Media channels (Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, or WeChat) and provide your booking information via a private message so that proper attention may be given to this. In the meantime, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 20 July 2021

First, please oh please invest in your website, app or platforms. I could not register my ID!!! and I fly a lot, I'm sure I know how to do it.
Due to Covid, there was this enormous, slow-moving queue at the check-in desks, we were early at the airport but we waited for almost an hour in the line, when we finally made it to the check in desk there was this new employee, she did not recognize the "Coronacheck" app and instead of asking the colleague next to her she called for 20 minutes to finally tell us the PCR tests were ok!! Then of course she doesn't know how to register the ID in the system/ or fix the error, she again kept calling (God knows who) for another 20 minutes!!! I felt like I was dreaming this, I asked her if she could hurry a bit because I was literally missing my flight, it was 7:50 something and my gate was closing at 8:00 and she told me (without no sign of sympathy) that she didn't know if she could board me!!! Was she kidding me???!!!! finally she asked the colleague next to her and he came over and fixed it in 2 min!!! she made us wait at the desk for 45 minutes for something that could be done in 2 minutes!! I ran the whole way to gate B17, I almost missed my flight, too much stress for a one-hour flight, isn't it?
Please put an experienced employee next to your new employees, people can miss flights, please be a bit more considerate

3  Thank Paradise718317
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social Media Representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2021

I regret to read of what you had experienced in regard to the behavior of the lady at the check in desk. Please know that professionalism and courtesy were expected from all employees at all times and this incident runs counter to KLM's core values. Rest assured that your feedback will be used to further improve our services.

In the meantime, do accept my sincere apologies and hope to see you aboard our flights again soon.

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.