“A nonstop flight from Newark to Rome took 19 hours!”
Review of Norwegian

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I booked a nonstop economy plus flight from Newark to Rome and sat in Newark for a 6 hour mechanical delay with no offer of meal voucher and then boarded the plan only to be told the flight crew had flown too many hours so we had to divert to Oslo and then sat there for another 6 hours. We were never offered meal vouchers, nor transportation once we arrived since I could no longer take public transportation since I arrived at 4:30 am. I then had to pay for a hotel and Norwegian did not offer any compensation or support. I will never ever fly that airline again.

2  Thank cando197
Write a ReviewReviews (11,657)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Norwegian offers breathtakingly low prices and brand new planes. In general, the flight operations are good -- they take off on time and land where they are supposed to.

However, baggage handling can be a huge problem. Norwegian's business model is to severely limit carry-on; this speeds boarding and increases their revenue for baggage fees, OK. But when flying into the US (I've experienced this at both Oakland and Boston-Logan) they use contract baggage handlers who could not care less. I've had 3 flights in the last year in which 100+ people were waiting for bags more than 2 hours (yes! 2 hours!) after the flight landed.

Try to find someone who can help? Good luck with that. The airport staff say "ask the airline" but of course you're quarantined behind the customs agents and can't talk to Norwegian. When you get out and ask Norwegian's check-in staff "What happened?" they disclaim any responsibility for arriving baggage.

I've twice filed complaints and had irrelevant responses (e.g. "Maybe the plane was late," or "Sometimes weather . . .")

I've vowed I'll only fly Norwegian again on short trips where I can carry on what I need.

• Food and Beverage
2  Thank David R
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My first writing on a trip With plane. I dont have so much to say about the trip but since I got mail can You say something then I do it. Delay With some minutes but what can we do about it. Its not under Our Control. What irritate me in that case is that always a lot of Messages please take a step to the side so we dont get more delay again and again and again, What do they think we are this cabin personale. We do Our best the Place are small to walk in the plane and bla bla bla. On the home way everything was much more Professional then in Oslo. We went into the plane good time before leaving and not a lot of Message With GO to side. GO to side. Okay Norwegian is my Company nr 1 and will always be. You got what You pay for. No wifi on the both way not good at all. I never pay extra for bording and other Things its no point we still have to wait for People that are slow. And that the plane not goes when it shall GO

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The equivalent SAS flight to MAN leaves 5 minutes after this one. Norwegian does it with no frills and relentless efficiency. Seemingly they have a fairly new fleet although the seat pitch is tight, so it's not hugely pleasant if your forward neighbour decides to recline. There's no included snacks or drinks, although the standard on the equivalent scheduled services has dropped very substantially. There's inflight entertainment via a Norwegian app with vague wording about data usage costs, so you may get stung if you're not careful. You pay for hold baggage - but this was also necessary with KLM on the outward journey. The cabin crew are nice enough but mainly concentrated on revenue maximisation. And guess what - we landed 5 minutes before SAS. Norwegian does the job - but check the seat pitch if you go on longer flights with them.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's a good realiable airline, my main compalint is the food - which is a disaster.
There is nothing worthwhile to eat on their flights. I was on 2hr:15min long flight the only food choice was between two tasteless things they called sandwiches. Basically it was two thick slices of bread with paperthin decoration in between. And this what you can buy (not given for free). Or peanuts or chocolate bars. SAS better food choice. Ryanair 10 times better food.

• Food and Beverage