“What a comedown ”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Flew from Cape Town to Johannesburg on Kalula . All aspects of kalula were superb from check in to luggage collection.

And then over to Qantas flight 64 4/12. The check in woman was rude disinterested and made a personal call while serving us, lots of giggling etc. Then the plane was late not necessarily Qantas fault but seems to happen often. The cabin staff were just okay seemed to be there under sufferance.

Then to top it all the baggage took the longest I have ever experienced. Three quarters of an hour before it started.

Why did we fly Qantas? Only because it is the only airline that flies direct SYD-JHB-SYD otherwise I would choose any other airline.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (8,395)

Reviewed 14 December 2017

I checked in online but found difficult to change my changed my seat. There were no seat available to change but found plenty of empty seats on board. The other things were fine. Got my boarding pass and drop my baggage was easy. For the food, cheap fare, so what can you expected.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Travelling can be a huge challenge for those of us with issues. Qantas staff went out of their way to be kind and thoughtful even on a short hop.
They got me through the checks quickly and made sure I had an aisle seat. I was given my own safety talk and I knew exactly how many chairs to count to get out.
The staff were kind and helpful. I felt welcome and normal. Well done Qantas.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

We flew Melbourne to LA (QF93) and then onto NY (QF11), on the 05/12/2017, my daughter on the same flights 13/12/2017, and both times the flights were late departing Melbourne and late arrival LA, making it a nail biting rush to catch the second leg of the journey.
The flight itself was excellent. Cabin staff are very friendly and professional. The A380, very smooth. The second leg from LA to NY, was in an older 747 (I was so excited), and one could tell it was a later generation aircraft, noisier, but still excellent service from the cabin staff. The First Officer on the second leg, was incredibly informative and professional.
Apart from late departures, Qantas was excellent.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

I Need help when booking in my bag, not very good with the bag tag and putting the bag on the conveyor belt for weighing, I find there is always some one there to offer help, very friendly and make the booking in quick and effortless, without the hep I would be left floundering. Thanks Qantas Staff.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)