“Cheap airfare but no service”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 2 July 2020

Ryanair was the only non stop flight from Prague to Malaga Spain so decided to try it for the first time. You have to make you reservations on line and not change a thing. If you want to change anything you can't reach them by any means. If you were able to change something using their web site it will cost you dearly. Probably won't use them again.

Date of travel: June 2020
Write a reviewReviews (83,382)

Reviewed 2 July 2020

I have purchased two flights on the website GOTOGATE, as the offer seemed to be reasonable.

London - Vienna, 7th of July at 08:30 - FR 7349 - RETNNR

Vienna - Rome, 7th of July at 17:35 - FR 1312 - OCWIVX

Yesterday the first flight got cancelled and once applied for the refund, I discovered that no refund could be asked for the second one.

So, with all my best interception I decided to call Ryan Air CS.

After two hours waiting, one of the Customer Service Agents mentioned that it was not possible to ask for a refund for the second flight just because the two flights were not purchased through your website.

He did not want to provide any other explanation and was not even open to evaluate a different solution, once I let him notice that on your website there are no flights to reach VIENNA on the same day.

I have asked to speak with a manager but he refused saying that he would be "AT THIS POINT READY TO TERMINATE THE CALL".

Why do I have to face this over a € 26,48 total charge? Why was I not even invited to have an option but just asked to "Check other ways to reach Vienna on my own"?

This makes me think that, through the help of other meta source, Ryanair is selling bundles and then cancelling one of the two flights in order to perform only a partial refund to the guest. Then instructing their CS agents to perform a mechanical, speaking over the guest's voice, speech.

Date of travel: July 2020
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 23Tano
Reviewed 1 July 2020 via mobile

Booked two flights to Spain in June and await refund. Booked two further flights for two grandsons (16 & 18) also in June and await refunds. Needed to book return as one way because we didn’t have dates for any potential resit of exams. We have four flights booked for tomorrow (2/7/20) We can’t fly back as they didn’t take us.
Unable to make any contact with Ryanair, chat, e mail or messenger. Please don’t put on your chat there might be a delay when you can’t or won’t communicate. Two 4hr and one 5hr sessions with no response.

Date of travel: July 2020
1  Thank JJSETWESB
Reviewed 1 July 2020

I confess that I have never taken a flight on Ryanair despite working for a Dublin based plc for thirteen years. Why not ? Because the company would reimburse business flight travel to anywhere.in the world .I remember when there was a crazy taxi Licencing system in the ROI. Mr O'Learly purchased such a Licence to get to Dublin Airport in good time. He was challenged on the basis that picking up normal passengers. He responded in the press that he would take any passengers to the Airport. That is real lateral thinking!. Here he goes again; taking on normal logic. Well done Michael !! Who should tell me where to fly to? I have 105000 plus readers. Good Luck. Stephen

Date of travel: September 2019
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank naggingmum2016
Reviewed 30 June 2020

Flights were cancelled by them. Impossible to get them to respond in any way other than to offer a voucher. Never ever again will I use them because of the way they have dealt with this matter. Going to sue them. Avoid them at all costs

Date of travel: June 2020
1  Thank 981stephenf
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.