“Unexpected pleasant experience with SAS”
Review of SAS

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have flown countless times with SAS during the last 30 years, and my expectations were not too high when I went online to book a flight for my fishing trip to Iceland.
But then I discovered that for just small extra charge, I was offered a Plus ticket, which allowed me one extra check in bag, and also meal and drinks included. Since I am dragging a lot of gear for fishing trips, I booked this, and it was actually very well worth it.
First of all, it cost less than buying the extra bag on an economy ticket. Secondly, I was invited to fast track in security. The flight was on time, and service on board was excellent. In Reykjavik, my bags came first out, with priority tags on it, and suddenly my impression of SAS as a fast declining Airline was turned around to: I am flying SAS Plus also next time!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (7,044)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Seat comfort, rather hard, and food, not very tasty, left something to be desired. Flight attendants were great. Smooth flight.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight to Malaga were on time and pre boarding with mobilephone was helpful. Coffee and tea You can get for free, but for eating and drinking use only Your debit or creditcard. Flight back to Helsinki was 1 h 30 min later and that information we got only after coming to airport. It should be wonderful if the information comes to SAS mobile app as well. Our friends were sitting at the last seats and they didn´t get sandwiches bacause they were all sold before back seats.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very poor service by flight crew, rude and unfriendly. I asked for more tomato juice, I was told I had pay $2.00 for 8oz glass ONE free glass of juice for 9 hour flight. Food was horrible, hardly edible. They attempted to sell 25 cents bags of chips for $3.00, small candy bar for $2.00. My recommendation: eat before you fly, bring juice of your choice on board to avoid high prices.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

SAS Plus is available at as little as 5000 Eurobonus points on top of an Economy ticket, or the loyalty points from 4 European return flights.
Reason for 5 stars: on time, and a 3 seats for my use.
Fasttrack at 17:20: two lines open, I'm the only passenger.
In Copenhagen: the lounge is adjacent to the fasttrack and is undergoing a large scale renovation. It will appear in light wood and silver/steel when finished.
Gate B6 is 300 m from the lounge.
The SAS app reported boarding from 17:38. The app will give you access to 50+ papers from 22 hours before a flight.
The premium economy section had 10 passengers on the first 4 rows of an Airbus 320. Please note, the middle seat is not guaranteed empty. Row 1 had 2 passengers, I was one of them.
2-3 passengers from economy couldn't fit their luggage in the racks and this was placed in the hold.
Doors closed at 18:05.
Food served at 18:39. Ok, this is not Swiss Business, see the picture.most of the food is organic. En route I was offered coffee 3-4 times.
Touch down in Zürich 19:38 and at the gate 19:45. This time I had a piece of luggage, which came 20:01 and I got the town bus home at 20:08.
WiFi was not offered on this flight. The reviewer is an extreme commuter