“Direct flight”
Review of Sichuan Airlines

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This was a 10 hr direct flight leaving 10pm. The return was 2am . Both perfect travelling times. There is no coffee on board , and only congee for breakfast . The inflight entertainment was mostly Chinese movies and tv series. There seems to be no rules on changing seats before take off as everyone was grabbing the rows of 4 seats to themselves. There is no on line check in , so on Check in , if not a full flight request the middle seats.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We booked our tickets to Thailand with Sichuan Airlines. We had a 13 hour layover in Chengdu. Not only was this flight unbearably uncomfortable, the service was just as unbearable. Given my friends and I are American and we don’t know Chinese, but that also does not mean we should get skipped every time when they offer beverages. We were flying 13 hours and were only offered one cup of water while we saw all the other Chinese people getting several cups of water. Not to mention they are not vegetarian friendly. All I wanted was just bread and they denied even that. The staff does not speak a lick of English when asked any questions whatsoever. I understood there was to be a language barrier but here’s the kicker, on the way back from Thailand, as soon as we landed in LAX it’s like everyone on the plane now knew how to speak English. Like legitimate full sentences when like 2 hours ago they didn’t understand what BATHROOM was. My friends and I had a horrible experience. They have these videos explaining the emergency procedures and they played it like 11 goddamn times which made no sense whatsoever because everyone is tryin to watch their movies and they were constantly getting interrupted. They also delayed our flight coming back home and demanded we stay In that little old plane with no AC. They don’t tell you correct info about your flight. Just so many things that left more than just a bitter taste in my mouth. They do not clean the restrooms. They leave them absolutely filthy it’s disgusting. I would NEVER recommend this airline. Way too expensive for such a horrible experience. Over it!

2  Thank moniitaco
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I have been flying domestically in China for ten years now, but this was the first time I ever flew with Sichuan Airlines. I could not believe the lack of leg room on this flight. Whilst I am tall and often find flying uncomfortable, this was just unbelievable. At 6ft, I could not sit back in my seat, because the only way I could fit my legs in would mean the rest of my body was out of shape. Thank god I was only flying from Lanzhou to Chongqing, as this hour and a half gave me serious back pain and leg ache... still have indentations on my knees where the magazine rack was forced.

Also, the aircraft was old and very bumpy. I didn't feel safe flying with them and would never consider it again.

There is no option to buy extra leg room, no priority boarding and very poor customer service.

2  Thank Nathan W
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Flight was delayed and we missed our connecting flight. Sichuan were almost impossible to contact from Australia, and when I finally did they refused to admit the flight was delayed. All I needed was a letter for my travel insurance. Do not fly with Sichuan Airlines.

2  Thank Zac M
Reviewed 1 March 2018

An ok airline for domestic flights, although could make some tiny efforts for more comfort (like neck holder on the seat)