“Review of flight QS1200 from Prague to Dubai”
Review of SmartWings

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

It would seem that cheap flight tickets with complimentary food on board would do the trick in attracting customers. However, none of these play a role when paired with bad service.

To start with, my original flight was cancelled, which I do understand, but the way it had been handled was really amateurish. I received an email that my flight on the 8th of January 2017!? had been cancelled and that they offer me a flight on the 9th instead. When I checked my itinerary, I saw that my flight was already scheduled on the 9th so I politely replied that this email does not apply to me. I received a reply that it is actually the flight on the 9th that had been cancelled and that they offer me to fly on the 8th. To make a long story short, we had to exchange several emails to clarify everything and the entire time I was receiving date options with year 2017! I am not sure what kind of employees reply to these emails but my 12 year old sister would not make that mistake, especially when I always suggested dates with the correct year 2018. Communicating incorrect information, not a very good start.

It is shockingly surprising that Smartwings does not have a special queuing line for online check ins at the check in / luggage drop off counters. Passengers who are already checked in only want to drop off their luggage and this process takes literally 30 seconds as per my experience today. Passengers who still need to be checked in take considerably longer time at the counter because of filling in personal data and choosing a seat. As a result, having to queue in the same line is unreasonable and only discourages online check ins, which save both time and cost for the airline.

Another issue is cleanliness of the aircraft. Considering that it is a morning flight, the crew should have enough time to properly clean the aircraft unlike on the way back to Prague when it has limited time before boarding new passengers after landing. However, I have not seen a plane this dirty before. The seat that I was supposed to be seated on looked very dirty and sticky so I wiped it with a wet wipe that turned completely black after just few strokes. This really makes you feel sick from your stomach when you imagine how the bathrooms must look like if even the seat is this disgusting. When I approached the crew regarding this, I was met with blank expression and they even refused to touch the tissue with their dirt on it! The foldable table tray was also dirty and sticky and the white head rest sheet that should be changed after every flight looked like it has encountered a few heads before.

As per the crew, their arrogance extends so far that they simply assume everyone speaks Czech without even confirming first. They just went on explaining something in Czech until the passenger finally replied if she can explain in English even though it was obvious from the face expression that the passenger does not understand the language. It seems that some of the staff does not even speak English because another time you could see a confused expression on the face of the flight attendant when spoken to in English.

Although all this could be expected from a low-cost airline, it is certainly not a sustainable approach for securing loyal customers. It seems that Smartwings should look for inspiration elsewhere and learn from other airlines.

2  Thank Lucie_KU
Write a ReviewReviews (1,256)

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We bought Smartwings tickets because of the convenient timing but regretted almost immediately. We flew from Prague to Dubai and back (family of 3). On the way to Dubai we could see that the cabin crew wanted to get the whole row for a mum with a baby so they were not nicely approaching the passenger sitting in that row. This person had a valid boarding pass, was sitting in his assigned seat but was a foreigner from Asia. I was really ashamed being Czech at that moment because the crew was showing their dislike of people from different parts of the world. Our next not a pleasant experience was on the flight from Dubai to Prague. It was cold in the plane and people started asking for blankets including us but the answer we were given was “There were only 20 blankets for the whole flight provided and we ran out of them and I cannot do anything about it.” The plane was full about 180+ people. I asked the flight attendant how this is possible and the answer was “If you have an issue, go online and complain.” So treatment like cattle and in some cases even worst. Since we travel quite a lot we will never go for Smartwings even if the time is convenient.

2  Thank vendula718
Reviewed 30 December 2017

as always - the worst experience ever, both routes were delayed, embarking to a different terminal and traveling by bus to the right terminal, the most bizzare was that the front rows had to wait for the plane to disembark via front doors to KEEP THE BALLANCE OF THE PLANE AND PREVENT FROM FLOPPING...Boieng??? never heard this one before...the crew was very nice but unfortunately they cannot make it up for the terrible company they work for...just rule no 1- avoid low cost airlines at any cost...

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We booked this flight via Czech Airlines.The flight was executed by SmartWings (Travelservice). It was not possible to book extra services like extra legs space when traveling with kids, Other upgrades were not possible. On line check in was not possible. Terminal 2 at DBX is terrible compared to the other terminals in DBX. The bus that took us to the plane waiting 15 minutes in front of the plane with airco on high before letting us out. Once in the plane we found the leg space that small that you literally have to climb into the seat. Crew members did not look happy at all. The plane was very cold at the start. We asked for blankets but there were only a few blankets and pillows available. So no blanket for us.. After take off it became very hot in the plane. Food was average like on most airlines in travel class. Drinks were ok but the crew ran out of water at some point. Overall we can say; The set up of the plane is very bad. (no space at all, service on board very poor although some crew members tried to make the best out of it) For a six hour + flight this is something that you do not want to experience again. So our advise is to avoid long flights with Smartwings/Travelservice when possible.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We paid 500+ euros for the smartwings flights, and they won't even accept 1-2kg / person baggage overweight, or meet us half way. Paid the surcharge.