“Reliable and Fun”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 22 October 2017

As is our habit, my wife and I chose this airline based on past experience and value. In fact, even though we live close to O'Hare, we are willing to travel all the way to Midway, on the south side, in order to fly Southwest.
Two checked bags are free and there are (as advertised) no hidden fees.
Since we purchased the Early Bird package we were automatically checked in 36 hours prior to our departure. This allowed us to print our boarding passes at the airport on the way back instead of trying to find a printer at our hotel.
Boarding is done in groups of A, B, and C. and the Early Bird check in pretty much guarantees boarding with the A group. This is important in that there are no assigned seats and you choose your seats as you board. By boarding in the A group, you're able make a selection that works for you.
All of the staff are pleasant and professional and, in the case of the flight attendants and pilots quite entertaining.
With all of the possible headaches with other airlines, Southwest is a refreshing change.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (29,020)

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I have been flying on Southwest for decades. Usually the cheapest ticket but you know, its not the cheapest service. And by service, I mean the attitudes of the flight crew are wonderful. I have nothing but good things to say. When I have needed to change something about the flight (rare) its never a hassle. Things are explained to me and results happen nicely.

Disneyland and Vegas are when I use Southwest the most and its a comfortable and easy flight. People like to write horrible reviews but I also think people expect it to be first class for 69 bucks - and I think their expectations are beyond what they need to be. For me, simple and safe is the way to go.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

The time worked well and the flight went well. The staff people are friendly and they give us nice snacks.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We just came back from a Southwest vacation to Riviera Maya in Mexico and as always Southwest are the best. The new 800 Max are really very comfortable with more leg room, extra adaptable head rests. We just had three things to comment for Southwest to take note of them. I bought Early Bird for all our flights but for some glitch of Southwest website we were only given the Early Bird on the flights to and from BWI to Fort Lauderdale and back, but not from Fort Lauderdale to Cancun and back. Southwest representatives were very nice and understood our problem so they gave us position as family just after the group A which was very nice allowing us to get good seats since we were 4 passengers traveling together. Another thing to note is that on our flight from Fort Lauderdale to Cancun my wife and I were sitting in the window and middle position and a very overweight man came and sat in the aisle seat extending himself all the way not only into his seat but into half seat of my wife. We could not say anything because the flight was 100% full but in this case, I imagine Southwest representatives starting at the desk should know that this kind of individual should buy two seats instead of only one, because any other passengers should not have to pay the price for the bad health decisions of such person. It was a very uncomfortable flight since we were literally squished into a seat and half and my wife ´s back was against the lifted arm rest poking her back all this flight and it was double painful since she has had back and shoulder problems in the past due to an accident. Besides these things that Southwest should be more detailed oriented, the service was as always the best. In a very special way we want to congratulate the flight crew that flew us back from Cancun to Fort Lauderdale on flight 621 on October 17th. As I mentioned before we are Southwest customers from time ago but on this flight, this crew was super professional, more than any other we have had in any flight ever. Super attentive, very detailed oriented, they gave the best image of Southwest ever ! So, please let me mention their names because they deserve to be recognized by their great job. They are Tobes, Kelli and Doug, congrats to them ! They really made everybody feel at home inside that airplane !
We will always fly Southwest because we love them !

Reviewed 20 October 2017

SouthWest never fails to deliver. Their staff are uniformly friendly, helpful, and act happy to be at work. The flights are on time and their queue system works efficiently and quickly.