“Bombardier C-Series loud cabin noise”
Review of Swiss International Air Lines

Reviewed 13 December 2017

I wanted to share my experience, as frequent traveller on Swiss.
I accumulate about 35-40 rotations per year and most of the time on A320 family aircraft.
Since my first trips on BCS-100/300, I've noticed a quite disturbing and loud cabin noise.
Maybe, the aircraft will be among the most silent ones, but inside the cabin comfort is lower than A320 due to a louder ventilation or aerodinamics background noise.
It is apparently more difficult to speak and listen to the cabin members.

To confirm my first impression I did a noise recording on A320 and BCS-100 and compared the average results, based on a 30 second recording sample, on same cruise altitude and speed, passengers silence, seating on window side at the middle of the airplane.

For Airbus A320, 63 db
For BCS-100, 78 db

That's quite important difference !
Anybody else confirming that ?

2  Thank AndreaM70
Write a ReviewReviews (7,086)

Reviewed 13 December 2017

I routinely fly this route and feel that it is heads and tails above the rest. Consequently, I try to fly Swiss whenever possible. They have been expanding their routes lately, so I check to see if they are available whenever flying. They are my first choice. I recently flew with them to Israel, loved it! My standards include friendliness, best possible food on a flight, and professionalism. One more important thing : it is my distinct impression that whenever I travel Swiss I arrive on time or early. Love it!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

I have been living overseas for the last 9 years and I have travelled a lot with several airlines. In November 2017 I decide to try Swiss Intl Air Lines for the first time and I book a a/r ticket Milano to Shanghai via Zurich and viceversa.

So I go the the airport, I drop my bag, I queue 40 minutes at the gate for security checks and, after that, I go to the duty free. While walking around, I look at the screen and notice that my flight to Zurich has been cancelled. I walk back to the metal detectors area and I ask what I should do. They give me instruction on how to exit the airport from the duty free area and they suggest I go back to the check in desks and ask for a new ticket. I exit a door and I find myself in the arrivals area. I walk around the bloody airport and I go back to the departures. I finally arrive to the check in desk and I ask for a new ticket. They guy puts me in the next flight with a 50 minutes connection time to run to the next flight. When he is about to print the new ticket, he asks me if I have any bag to check in. So I tell him that I have already checked in my bag before. He replies that I have to go back to the arrivals, walk to the Lost & Found Items office to get my bag and then go back to his desk. They are not only cancelling my flight but I also have to do their job in fixing the bag situation!!!
I walk again all the way to the arrival, I go the office and they let me access to the luggage area. I get my bag and walk again to the check in desk.
I finally get my new ticket, drop again the bag and I ask for an express pass because I have already queued for 40 minutes and I don't want to waste my time again. I also ask for a special pass at the Zurich airport cause I have to go thru borders and I only have 50 minutes available. The guy refuses to do so because these privileges are only given to First Class passengers.

After all this drama, I finally go on the plane and I understand why they have cancelled my flight... The plane was basically empty and they were flying passengers of 2 different flights. I arrive in Zurich, run to the second flight and I eventually arrive in Shanghai (with a massive headache!). When I get my bag I discover that IT IS BROKEN!!!!!!

Sincerely upset, I promise myself I will never buy a new ticket with them.

But... that's not the end! Remember? Ticket was a/r so arrives the day I have to fly back to Milano. Flight is at 9.50am and because it takes me 1 hour by car to get to the airport, I get up at 5 to get ready. At 5.30 I check my emails and I see 2 emails from Swiss that they sent me both at 4.20.

First email:
SWISS Flight Delay Information: LX189/11Dec2017 - Flight is delayed 2 hours

Second email:
Dear SWISS Customer.
We regret to inform you that your original travel itinerary can no longer be granted due to an irregularity to one of your flights. Therefore we have rebooked you to another solution.

I am sleepy and I don't understand what is going on so I try to call the customer service. Too early, and the China CC is still close. I try to call few European CC and I can't get thru. I decide to go to the airport and see what is going on.

They put me on a Finnair flight from Shanghai to Milano via Helsinki. I eventually arrive in Milano at the same time I was expected to arrive if I was flying with them.

Despite both times they found me a solution (1 star for the effort, 2nd star for the food), I just cannot accept and consider normal to have so many problems on 2 out of 2 flights

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Well Swiss air chocolates are really nice , also is the service , very punctual on the flight schedule , good in flight service . one of the best airports with an observation deck free for travelers with a boarding pass at Zurich airport. Generally everyone in Zurich speaks English and very friendly.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Have not travelled Business Class with Swiss for some time. Had a pleasant surprise. At time of booking, BC looked fairly full and made sure a seat was booked promptly. On boarding found only two people in BC and had sterling service all the way. How rare is that?