“Class ”Eastern Europe” airline”
Review of TAP Portugal

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I’ll give two stars because of friendly staff in plane. Be sure that you have luggage booked your return flight or you have a extra payment waiting for you. I got 90€ extra payment because I didn’t do that. In my opinion this is scam and I cannot recommend this airline to anyone.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (11,441)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Flew in from Toronto, flight was on time, the airport customs however had a line that was being manned by 2 people, trying to serve over 400 people. It took 1.3 hours to get through the first security point, then it took 20 minutes to find out that I have to recheck my bags through security again, and then that was another 20 minutes, I then ran to my gate which took 10 minutes, to discover the gate posted on my boarding pass less than 12 hours before has been moved. I missed my flight. They guided me towards the flight change desk. The desk had 10 people ahead and his took 45 minutes to get through, just to find out that their customer service desk needs to help me at the check in location of the airport. It took me 30 minutes to go all the way back to the beginning, currently I am sitting in the line to get them to rebook my flight and I have been sitting here for 30 minutes, and they’ve help 4 guests. This is taking forever. Honestly if you want efficient service, find a major airport to fly into, and give yourself a huge amount of time, even with layovers to get to your destination. Absolutely try not to fly with TAP Air Portugal if on a time limit.

1  Thank Raquel D
Reviewed 1 April 2018

at time, you have snacks on board. We did an transfer and it was very good announced and accompany.
Oh come back with Brussels Airlines - one hour overdue and no snacks, only a little piece of chocolat as compensation for the overdue.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

when flying with TAP the flights were always delayed or cancelled. Ground staff and flight crew are very impolite. Once flight from Faro to Lisbon was overbooked. Accepting the offer to stay one more night in Faro my partner and I got separated. He had to fly the same day, I got a flight with Lufthansa the next day. Average hotel, trouble with taxi driver and so on ... Another flight to Faro via Lisbon was delayed in Munich for more than 8 hours, two onward flights missed. Arrival at destination after 25 (!) hours. I will never fly again with TAP

2  Thank Gernot H
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Because the TAP Portugal Airline flight TP 321 was relegated to an older part of Manchester Airport we had to walk outside through water to climb the stairs to the aircraft. Therefore the smooth surface at the entrance to the aircraft became increasingly SLIPPERY as people boarded.
Is this a Manchester Airport created issue, perhaps. It certainly was a maintenance issue for the Portugal Airlines - Airbus A319 which needs to be rectified before an injury occurs to staff or passengers.