“Dreamliner”
Review of TUI Airways (United Kingdom)

Reviewed 2 April 2018

As I was staying in the Premier Inn at Gatwick North Terminal I was able to check in my baggage the night before at the Tui desk . I was also given my boarding passes. Next morning I was able to go to the departure lounge and onto my departure gate. Boarding the Dreamliner was easy and the crew instructed me where My seat was. The overhead lockers were large and took plenty of hand baggage. Seats were comfortable and leg space adequate , I sat by a window which was large and had sensors on to adjust the incoming light/sun. The in flight entertainment was also quite good with a small selection of films which were viewed on a reasonable screen . The earphones were of a poor quality so use your own. The food served was very good for airline service and the drinks came around twice., The air in the cabin was good and adjustable. The flight time was good and arrived 20 minutes early

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,428)

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The flight to Cape Verde is 6 hours from Birmingham International. So it’s worth getting the extra leg room seats if available.
Also, these older aircraft have now inflight entertainment, so take your tablet or portal DVD player and a few movies to watch there and back.
Food is as good as Airline economy food can be. So no complaints really.
Overall, a good enough flight - but nothing really to write home about.
The same flight on newer aircraft (Dreamliner maybe) would be the whole experience much nicer.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Delayed by snow, not Tui's fault but service before take off and during flight deplorable. Boarded plane and sat waiting for approx 4 hours. Crew delayed closing doors for some time, weather freezing. Crew did not offer any drinks/water even though knew plane not able to take off due to waiting for de-icing rig. Took off, ran out of hot food, cold food and nearley all snacks before 1/3 of passengers offered food. Senior cabin crew member heard touting for resupply from Lanzarote ground staff as nothing left for plane's return flight to UK.
Tui don't seem interested in customer care, only want to sell overpriced goods.

1  Thank jcfazackerley
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We were kept waiting on the bus insight of the aircraft for an hour whilst a flight crew could be found to fly that aircraft. My friend has a physical disability and with no seats on the bus this quickly aggravated her condition.

Once on the flight it was explained to us that there wouldn't be any inflight food,drinks or duty free goods because of weather conditions and extra fuel needed in case we couldn't land in Iceland and landing weight in case we could. This Was fair enough but that extra hour waiting they could have informed us then in the lounge where we could have got any items that were not going to be available on the flight.

The flight itself was smooth and the landing was good the pilot/ co pilot kept us informed of the flight usual altitude speed etc.

There was no entertainment provided on the flight even though there were drop down tv's every few rows which had the map and our progress across it.

1  Thank Mike G
Reviewed 1 April 2018

The flight was on time and the aircraft was clean. That is about the best of it. My wife and I both found the seats extremely uncomfortable despite purchasing 'extra legroom' seats. we were in 4E & 4F (middle and window) So glad that the flight was less than three hours. Both of us felt numb. Food choice and quality was not good either. We ordered two of the bacon ciabattas, but they were completely inedible. The fat was actually dripping out of the packets and they tasted as if they were pure lard! Such a shame that there is only one sandwich on offer (egg and tomato) When I politely asked a member of the cabi crew if we could change the items I got a very frosty response. Will definitely NOT choose to fly with this airline again. I can honestly say that this experience has put me off travelling with TUI. If no alternative airline is available we will look to book with another operator.

1  Thank Glenn W