“Very good service and plenty leg room!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 30 August 2017

My family and I flew from Zurich to Rochester NY in July 2017 and this was our first time with United Airlines and was pleasantly surprised at the level of service and leg room we found with United Airlines. Considering that my husband and son are both 6ft plus they had enough and more leg room in economy class.
As well their food and entertainment system was relatively good. We were well taken care of food wise, they kept bringing water, drinks, snacks and gave us 2 meals on this trip.
The hostesses and stewards were all pleasant and well mannered. Overall I would rate 4 stars out of 5 for United Airlines so much so we have another trip coming up in 6months and are only looking at booking with UA considering our lovely trip with them.
They were so attentive that when my daughters entertainment system didn't work and they could not move her or fix it they said that they were happy to compensate her once we get back home!
I would highly recommend UA in comparison to many airlines out there these days!!

Date of travel: July 2017
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (51,059)

Reviewed 30 August 2017

United has done away with First Class on many international flights replacing it with expanded modernized Business Class called Polaris instead. As an American Airlines Executive Platinum member, I was a bit skeptical but decided to try it. All I can say is WOW! Full flat (not angled flat - I'd like to hang the person that ever thought THAT was a good idea!) seats, fabulous entertainment system, great food selections, and a complete set of cozy amenities like a sheet, comforter, and big soft pillow are what greeted me in Polaris Business Class. This was all on top of the wonderfully friendly and helpful service staff!! It was surreal. I can't recommend this type of flight any higher and I'm embarrassed to admit I don't get this kind of service on American even as one of their top frequent fliers. It's truly made call into question if I shouldn't switch fully to United for all my flights.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

This flight was a code share with SAS flown on a United aircraft. Booked premium economy for both legs (SAN - EWR & EWR - CPH ) Apparently, UA system does not interact with SAS system. Arrived at airport to find our seats had been cancelled and sold. Wound up in middle seats out of the PE area.

Never fly a code share again. Fighting with them both to get the fare difference refunded.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 30 August 2017

This was the first time that we had used United. My Wife's brother lives in the USA and he uses them all the time for both his internal flights and for flying to the UK. We found them to be very good with excellent staff on board. We had no issues at check in or bag drop off so we would happily use them again.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We flew to SF twice this summer; once on SouthWest and the 2nd time on United. There were 3 main things that I disliked about our United Airlines flight:
1) United did not give me the option of online check in so we had to get in line upon arriving at the airport. This made getting to the gate a longer process.
2) We were only allowed 1 carryon as opposed to 2 on SWA.
3) My family of 4 (kids, 12 & 10) was not seated together. We all had middle seats, sitting with strangers.
I selected United because at the time of booking, it had a lower price than SWA but next time, I'll pay the extra to get on an SWA flight instead.

1  Thank MaryAnnN14
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.