“Disaster Flight”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I had a flight from Vegas to Vancouver with a stop in San Francisco. The first flight had 2:30 hours delay which cause missing my second flight from San Francisco to Vancouver. I talked with a very rude male agent at Gate D53 on 10/20/17 at 4:30 pm. Instead of helping me finding a best option, he with disrespect offered me to book the next morning flight and for the accommodation he gave a number and said : "Call them; they might have available room to give you for cheaper price". How rude could be a person working for an airline. Who is managing this company. These kind of agents must be fired or shouldn't work as a customer service person.

1  Thank bbehzadnia
Write a ReviewReviews (19,621)

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Flight was ok, but the United Club lounge (Gate C74) was an absolute disgrace.
Rude and aggressive reception staff, dirty toilets and cafeteria style seating.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

When I booked this flight months ago I had heard that United Airlines was planning on retiring its Boeing 747 fleet. I was glad to have the opportunity to have been able to book one of the last flights between London and San Francisco. I believe these flights end on the 28th of October and the last commercial use of the 747 will be between San Francisco and Hawaii in early November (sold out). Even though my ticket did not allow for the complementary upgrade to business or first class I was able to at least get into economy plus. We also lucked out that the flight was not full and both my wife and I, along with several others, were able to have entire rows of seats for ourselves. While not as comfortable as the lay flat beds in business or first class, just to be able to lay down on the 11 hour flight was a blessing. This made us so thankful that this was not a full flight as both of us may have gone stir crazy. As a long time United Airlines flier I did thank that the service by the flight crew could have been better, especially given the fact that this flight was lucky to be even 50% full. At times I felt that I was being ignored during the standard drink and food service order, even though I was awake and sitting in my seat. This was the first time that the flight crew actually stated that you needed to have your try table down for them to serve you even a drink. My wife and I both thought that the overhead entertainment choices could have been better. A cartoon movie, a movie that was released 2 years ago and finally a 13 year old movie were shown. While you could take advantage of the personal choice selections on your phone or tablet, I seem never to be able to get that service to work despite making sure that the latest app version has been installed on my equipment. Sorry if my equipment is only 2 years old, it should work. The balance of our flight went well and we both departed and landed on-time. Getting through customs at SFO went smoothly. Even with these minor glitches, I will remain loyal to United Airlines and hope that they will improve upon their in flight entertainment options, in part because not everyone can fall asleep on a plane and there is only so much reading material that you can bring on a plane (no I do not like reading books on a tablet).

1  Thank wavcpa
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We generally fly United to Newark when visiting family, usually twice a year. Apart from one bad experience (6 hour delay) I only have praise for this airline, and especially the cabin crew. They obviously have a policy to employ older crew. There is a huge benefit to this as they have "seen it all" and can clearly cope with anything. My last flight I shared with a religious group who shall remain nameless. I don't have a problem with religion at all, what I do have a problem with is rudeness, arrogance and a total lack of respect for people outside of their group. The crew remained calm and composed throughout, and somehow managed to do their job with a smile.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

This was my first flight with United in many years and nothing has improved. After a great flight from Auckland to San Francisco on Air New Zealand, this United Airlines flight of 6 hours is a real "come down to reality". Basic okay economy service and staff - no entertainment screen. Absolutly average.