“Another long day flying”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Four airports late passengers delayed flights. But quick immigration and customs
Only arrived 1 hour late after 14 straight hours

Write a ReviewReviews (24,841)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We didn't feel like anyone cared about our brand loyalty. Our original seating selection was changed from two seats on the port side forward to 2 seats in the center 4 seat configuration. The change placed us in the last row in business class. According to the flight attendant that meant that Global Services, 1K would make food selections first then from front to back. Needless to say by the time they reached us our options was none. I have over 1.75M miles with this airline as well as numerous years as a 1K and Platinum status. On a positive note the Purser took the time to explain "company policies" with regard to service. I also had a physical issue that he and his staff made every effort to accommodate.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Flying from Newark International Airport and Charleston airport is a nightmare! Out of the ten flights I have taken with the last 6 months , 8 out the 10 flights were delayed !

It does not matter what time of day you fly, although late morning to evenings flights are the worst . Half of the flights were delayed Due to mechanical problems, the plane having too much fuel because they had to bring another plane to the gate, the original was cancel for what reason and because of the replacement plane was full on fuel we sat on the tarmac at Newark for approximately an hour and a half to burn off excess fuel , engine trouble at Charleston, and changing the flight time from Newark without Notification causing us to be put on a much smaller plane 10 hours later. Sat on the tarmac again in Newark because of a tower hold and told numerous times by the pilot we were next only to see plane aftee plane take off in front of us! Finally the pilot stated that he too was frustrated and that he would give us any updates until we were clear to take off! two hours later we were on our way to Charleston Ect:

We always fly United , but if these things continue I am going to switch to another airline. Enough is enough. Flyer beware !

1  Thank K5650QNdaniels
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had a good and shorter than expecgted fight. All was well and smooth. The flight was full and other passengers were nice and quiet. I was sitting is ailse seat and felt comfortable. The flight is only 3 hours.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I understand that I booked economy, but it hurts to pay $50 to check two carry-ons so as to avoid handling them through the awful airport in St. Lucia. The flight is 5.5 hours long, and no food is served. They ran out of boxed food for extra charge before getting to us. They later ran out of drinks and cups! I believe that if the FAA didn't require them to serve liquid because of the dry altitude environment, they wouldn't do that at all. I'm expecting pay toilets soon. I wish I never had to use this carrier again, but they have the routes I need.