“Only One Way!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We booked a round trip to Burlington, Vt several months in advance on United. At 1:29 am we received as text saying our flight would be close to 4 hours delayed. This would make us miss our connecting flight. Oh no, here it starts! I called United and I'm glad they were able to rebook us at no extra charge on an American Airlines flight that would put us into Burlington only 1 hour later than originally planned. This was great! Now coming back home, was another adventure! Once again the delayed text!!!!
At Burlington airport, we had to rebook on another United Express flight that was to leave earlier as once again we would miss our connecting flight. Well, this "earlier" flight ended up almost 4 hours delayed! Not only that, but the board stated our flight had already left. Not once, but twice! We were still at the airport. This caused chaos as people thought they had missed the flight! The flight would be in gate 3, then gate 8, then gate 3 again. Seriously? United did bring out snacks to eat and water, that was nice! Finally we boarded! The first flight United Express gave us complimentary beverages (including alcohol) and snacks!The crew and flight was good. The seats were comfortable in the Express. The airplane did have a broken reading light right above our head! Once we arrived in Newark (connecting flight) we were ushered into a bus to get to the terminal. It was crowded. People sat on others. A person in a wheelchair was wheeled into the crowded bus at the end. The driver kept telling everyone to move back so she could get in. There was no more room for anyone to move! It was so unsafe and crazy! We boarded our 2nd flight with no craziness. United's app is great. Checking in through the app is smooth. Their onboard internet was amazing. If you have their app, the entertainment selection (movies) are excellent! The flight service was great once on board. They really need to check into the craziness happening at the gates! We are willing to give United another chance based on the employee friendliness and service they attempt to give!

• Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (51,082)

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Although most would complain about the lack of legroom in economy, I have no complaints for United. The seat was comfortable and was adjustable to your liking and the legroom was more than adequate. Flight attendants were extremely friendly and the boarding process was very easy. We did have three passengers that were late but weren’t too far off schedule. Expectations exceeded for United Economy.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

It is such a wonderful thing to have a direct flight from Tampa to San Francisco. Wifi access is also a plus. Unfortunately I was unable to connect to the WIFI for unclear reasons. The response I got as to why was: Sometimes it doesn't with Windows....REALLY??? Charging my credit card was no problem at all.... 15 minutes to process a refund request was the final insult. I should not have planned on being productive in the air... You can do better than that UNITED...

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Stopover in Denver, and flight out to my final destination was delayed by over 2 hours. This would not have been so bad for me, but the rental car company I booked with in Medford was only open until midnight. The flight 'arrived' around 11:10 instead of 9 PM. But then it took an additional half hour to allow us off the plane, as the ramp they had to set up was difficult to install. Whatever. Got to the rental car desk with 15 minutes to spare. Whew!

1  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Our flight was without incident so at this point I feel like that is the most we can ask for. I have had a lot of bad United experiences but this wasn't one of them. Flights left pretty much on time, the flight staff was very friendly, we didn't have any checked bags so nothing for them to loose.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.