“Still bumping its customers”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 10 April 2019

My husband and I planned a 3 week vacation in Hawaiian Islands along with my 2 brothers and wives. We spent a year planning every detail . My husband recently had open heart surgery and needed medical transport so we decided to fly a smaller plane from upstate NY into Newark for a non stop. paid for our aisle seats so he could get up frequently . Well, a local high school baseball team needed to fly to Cali. and their equipment weighed a lot, so several passengers were bumped off . The 66 yr old woman and a disabled husband forced to give up seats we paid for. We ended up flying into 3 airports. Lost $400 for missing our connecting Hawaiian airline flight to Maui and then on top of it all we never got our luggage for 4 days! They gave us travel voucher of $500 but does NOT cover the emotional stress this involved. Turned an amazing vacation into a nightmare. This is a practice that needs to stop!

Date of travel: February 2019
1  Thank Cathylea53
Write a reviewReviews (50,963)

Reviewed 10 April 2019 via mobile

The last time I flew was 6 years ago. Since then leg room has become smaller. I’m not a big person at all but it was highly uncomfortable on a 3.5 hour flight. The passenger behind my seat dug his knees into my back seat. I had to ask him to stop. I was in the middle seat which provides no escape. Also, the flight attendants served both my seat mates but didn’t ask me for a beverage until they were attending the next aisle. Things have changed for the worse. My husband and I couldn’t even sit together without paying more.

1  Thank MidwestTraveler7
Reviewed 10 April 2019

Standard airline service for a long flight. Crew on average seemed a little grumpy (though I think they were trying). We need to remember this is a job and sometimes you aren't in an up mood. A 14 hour flight is probably not an easy job to maintain an up beat attitude for. My biggest complaint is that when I boarded the plane the bathroom in the middle of economy had the trash bin still full. It seems no one cleaned or emptied this bin for the entire flight. By halfway point it was overflowing and by 3/4 flight the paper towels and various items where piled in the corners of the small stall and sink area. Other bathrooms were cleaner and people just started avoiding this one.

1  Thank chaknee
Reviewed 10 April 2019

This was your run of the mill nonstop flight. There was a one hour delay, but that's not too bad. They give you only pretzels and drinks despite the fact that it's international. The seats were not bad in terms of cushioning, but I'm short and I don't need a lot of leg room. The movie selection was good. I watched 3 Oscar contenders that I had missed.

Reviewed 10 April 2019

Great job United, flights were smooth and service was great.. Down side! better have your own entertainment, loading process is so slow.. Took 45 min from pushing back to take off in Huston. Not United's fault, just one long back up of planes tring to get into the air.

• Value for money
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.