“NICE TRANS-ATLANTIC FLIGHT”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

We flew United flight 52, IAD - ZRH on 12/7, on a 767-400. Boarding started late due to repairs on a seat. Wheels up at 1821. The crew was not overly friendly, but pleasant.
Dinner was served at 1945, after drinks/nuts and appetizers. For dinner I had the lemongrass salmon, which was just a touch spicy. Ice cream sundae for dessert. An hour out of Zurich, breakfast was served, and I had the Urban cream cheese omelet, with chicken sausage. The sausage left a lot to be desired. Arrived at the gate, after a brief taxiway hold, at 0731. 24 minutes early. Very comfortable flight, great entertainment selection and all features worked great.

• Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (51,082)

Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

We flew United flight 546 SAN - IAD on 12/7. The aircraft was a 737-900, domestic workhorse, arrived at SAN and within 20 minutes were through check-in and security. Then to the United club for breakfast.
Boarding started at 0740, cabin door closed at 0805 and wheels up at 0825.
Service was very good with a great first class crew, especially Jeff. Very affable.
For breakfast I had the French toast/raspberry souffle and cinnamon roll. It also came with 2 links of very good sausage.
Overall a quite comfortable flight. We landed at Dulles at 1539 and arrived at the gate at 1545 about 15 minutes early.

Reviewed 9 December 2019

Very bad service as always, old planes , no plugging for devices , not enough room for suitcases , delayed , and the flight attendat didnt even speak well Spanish to be translating. He was destroying our beautiful language with every word.

But the worse staff was Pauline, a very rude lady at Customer Service in Sn. Fco. I wish I could have had my phone to video tape her and make it viral! I forgot my phone on the plane, so security sent me with her to be helped and all what she had to say was"sorry about you looss" She had NO idea how to help me or provide "customer service" , she told me that it was nothing to do but an online complain and "see" . When I left her booth I asked a Philipino cleaning lady if she knew what I could do and she kindly responded : Go to lost and found , the cleaning crew will bring it there. And she was right ! No claim online needed . I cant believe that she knew better .
I will never give my money to a company wish treats clients like that !!

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 9 December 2019

The best kind of flights are the uneventful ones. Left on time and arrived early. (And didn’t have to wait for a gate). The service was pleasant

9  Thank Alec D
Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

Flying economy United gives you the feeling of being punished. You cannot get your boarding pass online, since they want to check the size of your personal item (no carry on), so you have to check in at the airport. When you get there, half of the machines do not work and there are no enough supervisors to approve your bag. If the size of your bag is not very tiny, they ask you to it check in for a fee. They ask you to remove your laptop, medicine, etc. and carry them in your hand. This is harrasment.
Also they ask you to place your coat on the floor under your seat. Why am I forced to place my coat on a dirty floor? United, why are you treating the passengers so horribly?

• Value for money
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.