“Decent trip”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My flight from TLV to Los Cabos with stops in Newark and Houston was decent considering the length of the trip and the 2 short layovers.I had the good fortune to be on the bulkhead with an empty seat in the middle for the longest stretch of the flight which made all the difference.

Date of travel: July 2020
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (50,963)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked trips with friends to Costa Rica. On the way down they changed our flight to go through LAX with a super quick layover.l, while our friends were on a Houston layover flight. Our first aircraft seemed old compared to the ones we are used to on Delta. We made the flight in LAX to Costa Rica and then we’re told that we would be waiting for a part that would take 30 minutes. (This second plane looked older too with no screens in headrests on an international flight) Then, after 20 minutes on the plane, they said we would need to deplane for a quick, easy repair. We exited the plane and they told us we would need to reboard our flight in 30-45 minutes. Needless to say, an hour later they let us know that we would be taking a different plane in 2-3 more hours. So here we sit, in a crowded terminal, with no real end in sight on our one vacation we take a year. Meanwhile, our friends, who somehow didn’t get bumped off our original flight through Houston, will get into the resort at least 6 hours before us. Also, we will incur the extra expense of having to take our own shuttle service (of over an hour) because we can’t split the cost of it with them because they don’t want to wait for us for endless hours at the airport.
United Airlines hasn’t even offered any compensation, like they would have done on Southwest or Delta, had they delayed us this long.

Date of travel: April 2021
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

@united left me stranded 1000's of miles from home in Billings, MT. They had confirmed 2x that could travel with a kitten in a carrier, and at the airport I was told it was too young (12 weeks). I was specifically told I could travel with it. I was told by the ticket: "that's not my problem - why don't you take it back to where you got it." I got completely inadequate reimbursement for this travel nightmare. Use any other airline by United.

Date of travel: March 2021
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been a MileagePlus member for 7 years and have traveled numerous times with United and was mostly satisfied with their service. But on the last 12 months I have traveled 4 times and on 3 of this trips I have come home to find out missing items from my baggage. The first 2 claims were paid but my 3rd claim was denied according to the wording on the denial letter because I falsified/altered information. I explained to the representative that I probably misunderstood/overlooked the question and that it was not intentionally. I erroneously answered "No" to a question that should have been a "Yes" and for that I was treated as trying to commit fraud. I'm disappointed with United handling of my claim but I guess my mistake worked in their favor and they used it to avoid having to pay my claim. Anyone traveling with United should be very careful of safekeeping their valuable because the first time my property went missing from my checked baggage after that I decided to only pack my more valuable item on my carry-on to be on the safe side but on my connecting flight we were instructed to check our carry-on due to being a full flight and yes I came home to find out items from my carry-on were also missing. In my experience it not safe either way to pack my valuables while flying with United.

Date of travel: March 2021
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am NEVER flying United again. I purchased seat selections separate from my flight tickets, since United doesn't allow Basic Economy ticketholders to choose their seats. I paid over $100 for the seat assignments, only to find out, at the last minute, when i was checking in, that they put us in different seats than what we had actually purchased(that were confirmed in our email receipt), **WITHOUT giving us any notification or refund**. Supposedly, the seats we had purchased were actually sold to someone else before we bought them. I say "supposedly" because this happened to us, not just for 1 leg of our trip, but also on a return leg as well. The United Rep i spoke with said that this kind of thing happens all the time, and that it's not just United, but is common across all airline carriers. Really?? I normally fly Delta once or twice a year, for at least the last decade, and they have never pulled this stunt on me. She also said that i could pay to choose other seats.
WTF?! I already did pay!! And, United shouldn't even be selling seats if they are just gonna take them and sell them to someone else!! Also, due to Covid, Delta is currently keeping the middle seats empty, while United is packing their planes full. United has a message at checkin saying "We’re expecting one of your flights to be fairly full.." Last, definitely not least, if you are basic economy, not checking any bags, you can only check in at the ticket counter(can't check in online). Way to make things as much of a hassle and as expensive as possible, United.

Date of travel: April 2021
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.