“Stay away from United”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 18 June 2022

The worst airline I have booked it. Randomly cancelled a flight out of IAD 6/16/22 6pm that was being cleaned after 3 hours of delay without any geninune cause.Been waiting for lost bags for two days now.
Hope FAA has some better customer "Bill of Rights"that protects traveler's from such inconveniences, Just because they can..the penalty for a cancelled flight must be multiple times the cost of ticket, so that airline don't jump the gun in trying to cancel a flight if it is not booked completely. Totally understand that it is not economical to fly half empty, just decrease the frequency of flights not disrupt customer lives by taking away their choices..
Sincerely pray the United airlines goes belly up with this level of incompetence and the government and public funding doesn't step in to protect them..Then we may get some new players in the market with better attention to patient satisfaction..

1  Thank Tmathews12
Write a reviewReviews (52,537)

Reviewed 18 June 2022

United Airlines cancelled my flight to El Paso Texas. I was going to a family wedding, my wife and son were already there. They said because their employees were overworked.

The return flight, I just needed myself removed and my ticket refunded.

They would not refund my ticket after cancelling my flight. I would not even be there to take the return flight because they cancelled my flight to get there.

The agents working the desks at the airport went to hide for 30+ minutes before they sent out the final cancelation email notice like a bunch of bi+ches.

No one reached out in any way to offer another flight or how to get there.

What a piece of shi+ airline.

They're working their employees like dogs. It's because they lost a ton of great employees because they tried to force vaccinate them and making them wear masks.

What a piece of shi+ airline.

2  Thank harrisonk867
Reviewed 18 June 2022

My Granddaughter is stuck in Newark trying to get back to Edinburgh. Earliest flight according to United staff is Sunday to Frankfurt and no confirmation of connecting flight to Edinburgh. Told by staff no hotel accommodation so would have to find it for themselves. Told to return today Friday to collect bags and have been at the airport so far over 4 hours and still waiting. United Airlines you should be ashamed for treating your customers this way and giving my epileptic granddaughter more stress which could trigger a fit. Never fly with this airline. Should be penalised by the USA authorities.

2  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed 17 June 2022

they changed my flights 3 times in the past 2 weeks. then the tell me i have to fly out of an airport over an hour away.. had to change all of the travel plans only to find out 10 hours before our flight that it was canceled. over an hour and 40 minutes later only to be told that there are no flights to get me there before my Nephews wedding. I have never herd such nonsense! Delta had flights but it was 3 times more due to it being a last minute booking.. Thanks United

2  Thank Bigsirus
Reviewed 17 June 2022

Thank you United!! After a couple of cancelled flights from Newark, a very long wait at the airport and then finally a flight through O'Hare to Detroit, it looked like my minor daughter was going to end up stuck at O'Hare because her flight was delayed out of Newark. I was distraught! A minor and a friend in O'Hare overnight! Yikes. But, thank you United! After some failed long waiting phone calls, and then an email from me(that could definitely have been nicer), the United folks made sure my daughter made it to her next flight(the very last flight out of O'Hare that night). So, thank you so much for taking care of her and her friend. While the cancellations were a pain, they made it happen in this madness of travel we all find ourselves in these days. Thank you again.

Date of travel: June 2022
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.