“No help available”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 19 June 2022

I would not recommend making united your"go to" airline. We've used united for over 40 years as often as we could. My husband has held Premier status for years.
In April his united flight arrived late to Denver so my husband missed his connecting flight. Two different gate agents refused to help each sending him to customer service. The customer service line had over 100 people in it and my husband had to get home by nightfall due to a business trip to Africa. He waited in this line for over 2 hours but was still behind 40 people when he had to pull out of line to catch the last flight of the day which I had booked for him.
We tried everything to get united to reimburse us for this flight but they honestly didn't seen to be concerned about it. So much for Premier status!

Date of travel: April 2022
2  Thank Rarely_write_review
Write a reviewReviews (52,537)

Reviewed 18 June 2022

I want to write a positive review for United since flights were being cancelled the last few days. My flight from Key West to Newark was first delayed on 6/16/22 and then later cancelled, leaving my husband and I with no way home. I actually reached out to United on my cell and a very nice woman was able to book us on a Silver Airways flight to Orlando and a connecting flight to Newark. When we did land in Orlando, the connecting flight to Newark was delayed several hours, but we were able to make it home without having to spend a night in the airport. I want to thank United for making the end of a nice vacation as stress free as possible

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 18 June 2022

The worst airline I have booked it. Randomly cancelled a flight out of IAD 6/16/22 6pm that was being cleaned after 3 hours of delay without any geninune cause.Been waiting for lost bags for two days now.
Hope FAA has some better customer "Bill of Rights"that protects traveler's from such inconveniences, Just because they can..the penalty for a cancelled flight must be multiple times the cost of ticket, so that airline don't jump the gun in trying to cancel a flight if it is not booked completely. Totally understand that it is not economical to fly half empty, just decrease the frequency of flights not disrupt customer lives by taking away their choices..
Sincerely pray the United airlines goes belly up with this level of incompetence and the government and public funding doesn't step in to protect them..Then we may get some new players in the market with better attention to patient satisfaction..

1  Thank Tmathews12
Reviewed 18 June 2022

United Airlines cancelled my flight to El Paso Texas. I was going to a family wedding, my wife and son were already there. They said because their employees were overworked.

The return flight, I just needed myself removed and my ticket refunded.

They would not refund my ticket after cancelling my flight. I would not even be there to take the return flight because they cancelled my flight to get there.

The agents working the desks at the airport went to hide for 30+ minutes before they sent out the final cancelation email notice like a bunch of bi+ches.

No one reached out in any way to offer another flight or how to get there.

What a piece of shi+ airline.

They're working their employees like dogs. It's because they lost a ton of great employees because they tried to force vaccinate them and making them wear masks.

What a piece of shi+ airline.

2  Thank harrisonk867
Reviewed 18 June 2022

My Granddaughter is stuck in Newark trying to get back to Edinburgh. Earliest flight according to United staff is Sunday to Frankfurt and no confirmation of connecting flight to Edinburgh. Told by staff no hotel accommodation so would have to find it for themselves. Told to return today Friday to collect bags and have been at the airport so far over 4 hours and still waiting. United Airlines you should be ashamed for treating your customers this way and giving my epileptic granddaughter more stress which could trigger a fit. Never fly with this airline. Should be penalised by the USA authorities.

2  Thank Nancy H
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.