“Better than expected”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 19 June 2022

My flights had been booked by a travel agent who,despite my concerns , had given me a very tight connection time at Newark.
Upon arrival at LHR I went to the United desk where an extremely helpful lady readily moved me to an earlier flight . I would have missed my connection based on the original flight booking)
The United lounge was a pleasant place to grab breakfast . I appreciated the friendly welcome.
The flight left on time . A pretty old 767 but the seat was great as was the bedding provided.
No menu cards(!) . The crew came round and asked if you wanted option a or option b . Not really what I expect in Business class .
The catering itself was average .
I would fly with them again if the pricing was competitive

Date of travel: May 2022
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (52,368)

Reviewed 19 June 2022

We booked four tickets together, but they didn’t assign any of two seats together unless you pay 100 dollars for choosing one seat. It’s just so disgusting!

Date of travel: June 2022
1  Thank Junyan33
Reviewed 19 June 2022

When I arrived at the airport they refused to check my second bag despite me paying of this in advance and flying to the US on United with 2 bags. They kept stating there was an ‘embargo’. No idea what that means. Had to pay to ship it back home. Ground staff then started making racist remarks. When I complained to their customer service they stated they were satisfied with how the whole thing was handled. I will never fly United again

Date of travel: July 2021
1  Thank PACC123
Reviewed 19 June 2022

I would not recommend making united your"go to" airline. We've used united for over 40 years as often as we could. My husband has held Premier status for years.
In April his united flight arrived late to Denver so my husband missed his connecting flight. Two different gate agents refused to help each sending him to customer service. The customer service line had over 100 people in it and my husband had to get home by nightfall due to a business trip to Africa. He waited in this line for over 2 hours but was still behind 40 people when he had to pull out of line to catch the last flight of the day which I had booked for him.
We tried everything to get united to reimburse us for this flight but they honestly didn't seen to be concerned about it. So much for Premier status!

Date of travel: April 2022
2  Thank Rarely_write_review
Reviewed 18 June 2022

I want to write a positive review for United since flights were being cancelled the last few days. My flight from Key West to Newark was first delayed on 6/16/22 and then later cancelled, leaving my husband and I with no way home. I actually reached out to United on my cell and a very nice woman was able to book us on a Silver Airways flight to Orlando and a connecting flight to Newark. When we did land in Orlando, the connecting flight to Newark was delayed several hours, but we were able to make it home without having to spend a night in the airport. I want to thank United for making the end of a nice vacation as stress free as possible

Date of travel: June 2022
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.