“Delayed Flight”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 14 August 2022

Horrible airline. We were prepared to head back to LAX, but they canceled our flight and made us fly to Denver then LAX. The plane was half-full but they refused to fly. I think they were greedy, because they need to spend 100,000 on a half-full flight! We told them we needed to head back to LAX for work. They told us that if we wanted we could go to American to fly back, so we agreed. We went to the American Airline counter and asked them for an open flight. The said no, but the lady was kind and gave us a hotel. Next morning our flight was told that it would fly. We headed to the airport at 3:00, and waited 8 hours. The lady asked what we were waiting for and we said the flight to LAX. She said it was CANCELED. We were very angry at the time, and so we decided to head to American again. TERRIBLE airline. I don't recommend it. Try Southwest instead.

• In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (52,537)

Reviewed 14 August 2022

They switched our flight to Denver when we were supposed to go to LAX at the last minute, it was cut cost. And so they said that they would switch us to America airlines.

Reviewed 14 August 2022

We were afforded excellent service during our travel to and from Orlando in June of 2022. It was our first time flying first class. The airline flight crew were attentive and caring as my husband needed wheelchair assistance. The airports staff; not so much as they were extremely short-staffed.

The United Club Lounge in Orlando was clean, provided a good selection of good with a friendly staff. Although, it was quite crowded.

Overall good flight experiences on both the outbound and inbound flights with tasty meals both ways.

Date of travel: June 2022
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 13 August 2022

I upgraded our tickets to accommodate my daughter’s injury. My kids sat together and I got stuck with a woman that needed an emotional support animal. I told the flight attendant I’m allergic to dogs. Her response was for me to see if someone would switch with me. The dog was untrained and unruly. It was licking my and then on its hind legs trying to get food from the tray tables. It was trying to get in the aisle. Meanwhile my eyes and nose were running and my throat was getting worse. I paid an extra $700 to be treated so poorly. At one point the idiot attendant took the dog on its leash and walked it up the aisle. And United will only take online complaint and refund requests. This way they can ignore them. I can’t believe they have turned into such a crappy airline!

Reviewed 13 August 2022

A shambles of an airline. I am still waiting nearly 4 months later for a refund after United cancelled my flight 1 hour before departure from Dublin to Washington over Easter weekend earlier this year. Receiving responses every few weeks that they are working through a back log, but 4 months is excessive. No feedback from customer support either apart from asking to wait to hear back on emails. I wouldn’t recommend using United again.

Date of travel: April 2022
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.